Troubleshooting How to insert backed up EaGames

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Oct 1, 2011.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I'm about halfway done and things are going okay so far. I've been thinking about after I check the game and want to put my Sims and Lots and stuff back in. All of the EA Games folder is backed up on flash drives. So do I go into my Documents Folder and insert the backed up EA Games (which would surely not be right as there would be two EA Games folders) or should I delete the existing EA Games folder and then insert the EA Games folder with all my stuff???

Or do I just delete everything that exists in the EA Games folder (once all games are installed) and replace them with the backed up downloads, neighborhoods etc. but do it individually.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

If you try to put in your EA Games folder without removing the old one's contents first, then you'll need to make sure to say "yes" when it asks if you want to replace the EA Games folder that's already there. If there are things in it that aren't in yours, then it will just keep them usually.

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Okay, I'm ready...I think. I have all EP's and patches installed. I went in with each EP and took a look around Pleasantview and the campus but didn't try to play them much...I hate most of the regular Sims in TS2 except for Brandi Broke. I went in to Dina's house to see if the menu came up for adopting a pet. All seems well, I didn't adopt though. Too anxious to get my own Sims and downloads in and see if they are still working. Well, here goes.