I am SOOOOO Peed off!!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by juicylucy1989, Sep 3, 2002.

1. juicylucy1989

juicylucy1989 New Member

I am SOOOOO Peed off!!!!

I cant believe The sims reasource has turned into a pay site!!!! All the good sites turn into pay ones!! I was so angry when i found out i slammed my fist down down real hard on my printer shelf , it made the shelf with my printer on fall down!!!:hurt: :dead: :devious: :bored:

If NE1 Knows of any good FREE download sites could you please tell me??!!!! Thanks !!!! :)

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What else is new? Everyone knew TSR will turn fully pay. Give it a few months and watch them revise their download policy to 10 downloads per person :rolleyes:

3. Mattvols

Mattvols New Member

Josh is right it was just waiting to happen. Everytime a site starts a members area you can always just be waiting for it to go fully pay. Only one I can think of that hasn't gone completly pay after creating a members area is 8th Deadly Sim.

4. ManagerJosh

Of course Matt. They started pay right off the bat :)

5. RedsGirl

RedsGirl New Member

6. ManagerJosh

Some sites if popular enough go pay :(
    *glances over at SimGateway*

7. RedsGirl

RedsGirl New Member

Along with the popularity come huge bandwidth bills - I know Jerry from Killersims was getting huge thousand dollar bills - obviously donations are not going to cover that - I really don't think the majority of those sites are trying to make any money off of the subscriptions - they are just tired of their hobby costing money out of pocket - and I can't say I blame them.

8. ManagerJosh

Honestly I really doubt those bandwith bills. I know you can get unlimited transfer with a fiber optic, at 100MBps for $1,000/month

9. RedsGirl

RedsGirl New Member

I suggest you go over to the killersims egroup and read some of jerry's posts - you may feel different.

10. ManagerJosh

Point noted.

Question: How much bandwith does Jerry use?

11. LordBrain515

LordBrain515 New Member

Re: I am SOOOOO Peed off!!!!

Since when was TSR a good site? :ermm:

12. dkcoolest

dkcoolest New Member

I know the good sites always do that stuff. I went to a really cool sim site looking for downloads but when I went to sign up it said I have to pay. That really sucks.

13. ManagerJosh

I'm going to see if I can get a few TSR artists (not featured ones) to let me post their work here at WorldSims...who knows, we might be able to get a few great artists.

14. LordBrain515

LordBrain515 New Member

Artist thief!

15. ManagerJosh

There are quite a few artists who are pissed at TSR for going Pay James. Many have left. The only ones who didn't are ones who got free membership access...

16. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I helped my friend make stuff for Mall of the Sims a LONG time ago... I didn't know everyone was having to switch to pay till I went there to see if the stuff I made was still up and I couldn't get in to see without paying... sigh. I understand the bandwith thing... but if I ever make a sims download site with my stuff, I'd either rotate the availability of objects, or host it somewhere like geocities so when my bandwidth was up it says come back in an hour. I know *I* can't afford $1,000 a month for a hobby!

17. ManagerJosh

There is always ads :D

18. RentechD

RentechD New Member

Look I have my own site.. www.allsocoast.net, go look at the numbers of people who have visited the past month (the counter resets monthly) and my bandwidth is huge - in the gigabits and I do not pay a cent for the site.

If you do it right its affordable.

But some folks found a way to jump on Maxis coat tail and make a profit - I still think the idea of taking a Maxis object and making a few changes and the 'selling' it is a violation of Maxis license agreement and morally wrong, especially by using claims of bandwidth costs etc. Sure they have costs - because they either did not shop around for a good deal or did not know where to look - but face it folks they are making a huge profit - way over what their costs are.

:bunny:

19. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I tried to check out your site but I got a page cannot be displayed error. :-( Who are you hosted with? I keep hearing nightmare costs of bandwidth, like $1,000 or more a month! I had this happen to an online game I used to play too, they switched to pay because of bandwidth. :-(

20. ManagerJosh

The server down last nite for some unknown reason. Try again now.