SimCity 4 I Can't Find The Registration Code On My Manual/box!

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Delirious, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Delirious

Delirious New Member

I Can't Find The Registration Code On My Manual/box!

I just went to bestbuy to buy simcity 4 deluxe edition (smallcase with the 2 cds on top of each other, DVD sized case only fatter)

I CANNOT FIND THE CODE TO ENTER TO REGISTER MY SIMCITY 4!! "In the white box at the lower left of the back of the cd case"

Manual says it's on the back..

NEITHER HAVE IT THERE!!!!

Help...:(

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Don't double post, one thread is more than enough for us to answer, see your other post for my answer.

3. rsgary

rsgary New Member

Where did you find registration code?

I bought mine recently at Best Buy with the same problem - still have not found the 20 digit code - since you posted a new problem since then you must have found it :)

4. jupitershana

5. rsgary

rsgary New Member

been there done that - the manual says see the back page, the back page says register your game online - my guess is a bad batch of packaging went to best buy

6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

How abotu the CD case?

7. rsgary

rsgary New Member

The CD case is as Delerious described - fat type, with 2 CD's stacked inside, I've been all over the case inside and out, I even thought about removing the paper cover but it's taped in so well I can't imagine they hide it on the reverse side - I'll call tech support today, thanks

8. jlc_fresno

jlc_fresno New Member

Registration Code MIA

I'm having the same problem, and also bought my copy at Best Buy. I've looked everywhere on the case and in the manuals, but there's simply no registration code. Highly frustrating, especially on a Friday night with customer support closed until Monday. And even then I get to call during my work hours and on my dime to fix the problem...

Annoying enough that I'm tempted to toss the thing out and go back to my old Sim City 2000.

Janice

9. jlc_fresno

jlc_fresno New Member

Found registration code!

And as soon as I posted this, I found it. For other Best Buy "Deluxe Edition" purchasers who are confused like I was: the code is not on the back of the box or on the back or inside of the white Install Guide as we're told. Mine, at least, is in a faint gray color on the back of the big thick instruction manual with the color front cover. What fooled me is that it's not on a label or in an obvious "stamped-on" marking, but looks like part of the mass-produced back cover material. Confusing and hard to find, yes, but it is there.

Janice

10. jupitershana

Hey! Thanks for sharing that! We'll reference this post from now on then! (we love it when people come back to post their resolution! Thanks!)

11. sbs

sbs New Member

Thanks! I just had the same problem.

Hopefully the game is better than the documentation...

12. Tealeena

Tealeena New Member

Thanks Janice

Thank you, Thank You Janice for your post.

This was driving me nuts.

:knockedout:
    Tealeena