Troubleshooting I don't know how the discs work in sims 2 help ?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Milkshake1234, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Milkshake1234

Milkshake1234 New Member

I just bought sims 2 off ebay ( the original version ) and its called one disc edition but I've heard a lot of people saying you need the 4 discs but since its a old game they might of updated it onto one disc? I have only just got sims 3 but I thought sims 2 looked good so I'm confused. Thanks

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

TS2 came in two forms. One was a 4 disc set of CDs. The other (which I have had since the game first came out) is a 2 disc set of DVDs, only one of which was needed for the game. It sounds like you got the DVD version, rather than the CD version.

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

look on the disk and it should say dvd on there somewhere if it's the dvd format.

4. Milkshake1234

Milkshake1234 New Member

What's the DVD version??

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The *only* difference between the CD version and the DVD version is the format of the device used to install it. The game is exactly the same either way. Compact Discs (CD) do not hold as much information as a DVD format so fewer discs are needed to convey the same information. Some newer disc machines no longer support CDs, only DVDs and Blue Ray. However, at the time when TS2 first came out, most people's device only supported CDs. Only the newer ones (like mine) supported DVDs as well. Then DVDs became the way to do it (especially since you could put more on a single disc.) Now most devices have DVD capability (as well as Blue Ray for playing movies) but have given up the CD capability (much the same as most machines no longer have floppy drives in them. When the technology is no longer in common usage, the companies no longer put them in.)