Troubleshooting I Need Help Big Time

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by to0xcutexO, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. to0xcutexO

to0xcutexO Poltergeist

I Need Help Big Time

whenever i try to play the sims2 it says failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphic adapter...etc... what do i do

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

What sort of graphics card do you have?

3. Toxic

Toxic New Member

It means you have an old-*** graphics card and need to buy a new one before the graphics card master of doom comes and owns you and gives you an intergrated one :shocked:

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

That's not helpful, Toxic one ... ;) Funny though ...:rolleyes:

5. to0xcutexO

to0xcutexO Poltergeist

what is a graphic card i have no idea what any thing is so if u can show me where to go to check this stuff then that would be soo greatful

6. Randomzero

Randomzero New Member

click on start menu, click on run, type in dxdiag, in the textbox, press ok, click on display, and It should say the name of your video card.

7. to0xcutexO

to0xcutexO Poltergeist

if u mean the chip type then it says ... S3 ProSavage DDR

8. ManagerJosh

S3? Whoa...first step of not being good.

Could you give us the complete specs to your computer? I want to affirm a suspicion.

CPU
    Memory
    Hard Disk Space
    OS (windows xp/windows 98/etc)

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Those integrated graphics'll getcha ev'ry darn time. Ordinary (cheap/off the shelf/chain-store) computers are sold for general purpose use: eg: for school projects, internet surfing, email, chat/messaging, simple accounting, basic photo-managing/printing, and simple games. Fancy games like the The Sims 2, Call of Duty, Halo etc. call for console quality graphics and to get that you need to buy some console-quality graphics hardware for your cheap all-purpose 'puter. This need not be as expensive as buying a whole console and is usually better since most people play console games on old TV's with much poorer screen quality than even the cheapest computer. A half-decent video card will, in most cases, solve your problems. We still need to see those specs tho ... :rolleyes:

10. snowdonia

snowdonia New Member

i have the same problem....the game can't find a directx 9.0c compatible graphic adapter...

i've got a:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
    Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
    System Manufacturer: Compaq
    System Model: Presario 5423EA 470029-818
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1500, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.3GHz
    Memory: 256MB RAM
    Page File: 282MB used, 334MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200
    64.0MB

11. ManagerJosh

Do you have the latest nvidia drivers?

12. snowdonia

snowdonia New Member

yeah...i got the latest nvidia drivers...

13. to0xcutexO

to0xcutexO Poltergeist

where do i go to fuind everything i dont know where to go i need help finding everything

14. to0xcutexO

to0xcutexO Poltergeist

thanks a whole bunch .. not

:mad:ghee thanx a lot for caring enough to answer me ..... but it donsent matter u guys took to long so i asked my dad for help and he fixed it for me and now it works thank you so much for all your help .... NOT!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

15. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

People would probably be more willing to help if you were more specific. If you just go up to someone in a city and say "I'm lost" but give no indication as to where you want to go, they wouldn't be able to help you either. Not to mention your rude response you just posted will mean that others will not be willing to help you in the future. Please be considerate of others and follow the guidelines of this forum.

16. ManagerJosh

to0xcutex0:

We do this as a courtesy to our members and the entire community. We are not obligated to help you in anyway as we're donating our time and knowledge to help people. If you want to be rude to our team of volunteers and members, I suggest you look elsewhere as I won't put up with disrepect towards each person who tried their best to help you.

Note that next time you come crying for help, people may not be as willing to help you out as they were in this instance.

17. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I always try to go the xtra mile with everyone who asks for help, but as I do this for fun I also miss some people out. I do this quite selectively. I ignored toocute because I sensed a stamp-feet mentality: "help me or I'l scream until I puke" ... looks like I wasn't far wrong.

'"detective mirelly strikes again" again' again ;)

18. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Couldn't have said it better myself, guys.

For future reference, anyone who is reading this, a more polite way of getting your question answered is to rephrase it in a few days if you don't get a response.

It might help clarify what you meant and remind people that no one has helped you yet.

I personally rarely answer questions in this section because I am not technically minded. Or maybe because I don't technically have a mind. Not sure.

The people who do answer these harder questions are very busy with lives of their own, so please be patient, and specific.

19. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

*Gasp* We must be twins!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.