I, Sim

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Lynet, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Harcourt and I scrambled to get the sail down and that aint easy when its full of wind. It finally tore loose and flew off into the rainy night like a big white bird. As I got back down to the slippery deck I knew that if those mirrors werent there, or if we couldnt get to them, we were dead for sure.

At that moment a large wave picked us up and threw us against the side of Jurgs sinking boat.

I heard boards cracking. Water poured in around my feet.

Well, I said, looking down at the water rising toward my knees. At least the rain has stopped.

Dive! Dive! Harcourt yelled at me and Alka, then followed his own advice. Alka didnt hesitate to go after him. Very brave, or very trusting.

I took a deep breath and jumped into the icy water.

We fought the waves and made for the ladder but not to go up. We all knew where the mirrors were and that was down. I sucked as much air into my lungs as possible and followed the kicking heels of Harcourt and then Alka, grabbing at the rough bulkhead or the metal railing of the ladder into the hold.

Down and down even more. I thought my pounding heart would burst. I feared that the urge to gasp for air would be my undoing. I was dizzy. Follow the body ahead of me! Pull myself down! Dont give up! We must be almost there! Reach for it!

And we were through!

I started laughing and gasping for air at the same time. We were through! All of us! Safe!

Then I saw something that I knew I didnt have in my basement.

Harcourt, what are those things? I said, pointing.

Alka screamed. Poor kid, I guess this wasnt her home, either. I felt like screaming, too.

Harcourt rubbed the water from his face and looked up. Fascinating, he said. I believe that those are space suits. I now wonder where we are.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Good question. I saw a window and went to have a look. It confirmed what I already knew. It wasnt my street.

Outside was grey desolation. There were lots of rocks and a real big satellite dish. The night sky was ripe with more stars than Id ever seen before. There were so many that it lit up the dead landscape better than the moon would have.

I looked over at Harcourt and Alka. Shed calmed down and just looked sad. Harcourt was examining the space suits in the closet where the mirrors had dumped us.

So, I said. At least we didnt drown. Where are we, Harcourt?

On the moon.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I was really hoping Errol and Harcourt would get home at last, so that Errol could earn a living selling used cars or something. But wouldn't you know it, the mirrors have dumped them on the moon. *sigh*

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Oh, well. Guess you can't argue with a mirror. :D

You crack me up, Lynet.

And, wow. Those pictures are your best yet, I think!

Except, why is there an extra pair of legs? Is that what's-his-name, dead? (Creepy.)

5. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Lol...although that would be an interesting twist...my guess is that it's Alka already going through the mirrors.

6. surprised_by_witches

Oh, I looked at it again! I saw Harcourt twice because of the mirror and thought he was Alka and Harcourt ... confounded mirrors got me all confoozled. :p

7. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Lol, I just looked at it again as well...Alka is in red, Harcourt is in blue, so I was wrong as well. It is Harcourt going through the mirrors first...which would make more sense as in the story He was the first to dive down... *smacks her forhead in stupidity*

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Getting 3 sims to swim in mid air because the story says they're diving into the hold of a sinking boat is not easy, lemme tell you. I spent almost two days working on it. :weightlifter: Yes, Harcourt has gone through the mirrors first, my friends. The mirrors do make it look a little confusing.:p

The neighborhood where they've had most of their adventures looks more and more like the back lot of MGM studios. What a mess.:rolleyes:

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

The moon!?!

There is a scientific camp that was established a few years ago to study our systems asteroid population. That is where we are. I find that the space suits in the closet have the insignia and badges of that team. I believe that we will find our hosts in the next room.

The moon!?!

Yes. That is where we are. As I said

Alka swayed on her feet. I feel very sick. Where is the wash bowl? Quickly. Harcourt grabbed her and pulled her through a nearby door. Im not sure she got to the sink or toilet in time. From the other side of that closed door I heard wet sounds that seemed to include the floor. Neither Harcourt nor Alka came out for a while.

I was not going to follow them. It sounded messy. Instead, I went through sliding glass doors to a large open area with a kitchenette, couches, a TV and other stuff. I met our hosts there. They stared at me. I stared at them. Id never seen shiny skin like theirs before. I dont mean armor like Harcourt had worn on our first meeting. I mean flesh. Except it wasnt flesh. Id heard about robots and I think thats what they were.

I smiled and waved at them, Howdy. My names Waring. Errol Waring.

Not again, said the robot on the right.

We really have to find that crack in the space-time continuum and seal it up before any more of them come through, said the robot on the left.

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Anyone else here? I said.

The others have gone, said the one on the right, talking to me.

How many this time? said the one on the left.

Are you asking who Im with? Harcourt and Alka are in the other room. Theyll be out in a minute or two.

I will see to them, said the one that used to be on the right. It passed me on the way to the other room.

I said, You might want to wait until theyre finished in there. No? Suit yourself.

The one still in the room with me said, We have rations remaining, there in that cabinet. It looked over its shoulder in the direction of the kitchenette. You may take what you need for nourishment.

Great. Thanks. Were all very hungry.

There is a lot of water on the floor where you stand. From your clothes? You will find clean clothes in the other room and may use any of those you need.

Ill go take care of that now. Sorry about the water. Our boat was sinking.

Has the boat finished sinking? Or will more of you be coming?

Are you telling me that there were others from the sinking boat?

Yes. They left on the supply shuttle with the scientists. But the shuttle will not be returning for some months. I am afraid you will have to stay here with us until then.

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

We showered, changed clothes and ate. The food was terrible. Whatever it was had been processed down to its dry essentials and no amount of fooling with it made it more than barely edible. Alka gagged on it and ran for the bathroom again. I sympathized.

When she returned Harcourt fussed over her. Rather, he fussed over her swelling belly, leaning close as if he expected the unborn baby to start talking to him. Maybe it did. Harcourt is strange and I presume anything related to him is also strange.

Meanwhile, the robots went about their business, ignoring us entirely. I watched out the window as one of them bounded over to the gigantic satellite dish and did things to its base. Out there in the grey dust next to that monster dish the robot looked mighty small.

Why, I asked Harcourt, is a robot wearing a space suit? Do robots breathe oxygen like us?

No, but their electronics and the alloy of their skin is sensitive to the solar wind and to the meteor debris that falls to the surface of the moon. They need those suits for protection from those and other things, not for oxygen.

Harcourt had taken Alka off to bed and then returned to watch the robots work, too.

Asteroids, you said. Whats the interest in asteroids?

They are mapping the asteroid belt. It is a study that will take a very long time. They are also watching for any that are pulled out of the belt, particularly any that might pass close to our world.

Sounds boring.

I sincerely hope that it is, and that it will remain so for our lifetimes and the lifetimes of our children and grandchildren.

Harcourt said weird things sometimes. I yawned hard and went off to bed.

12. surprised_by_witches

Looks like someone's baby's going to be born on the moon!

I love Errol's take on Harcourt's wedded bliss. Very funny. The robots are great, too! Cynical machinery. What next? :rolleyes:

13. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

I was wondering how you were going to incorporate OFB. Very creative.

14. surprised_by_witches

I don't think those were OFB robots. I think she got a cool skin tone from a website somewhere, and those are just normal sims with robotic skins.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Lynet. I just remembered you said you don't have OFB yet ...

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

You're right, SBW. The robot skins are downloaded. There are several variations out there.

I don't have OFB installed yet (still in the delivery envelope.) I really don't see how Errol and Harcourt's time/universe traveling will fit into OFB. I'm looking at a couple of more chapters that will be taking them home. So's I can join the fun everyone else is having. :rolleyes:

OFB looks too overwhelming just in learning to manage the features without trying to use it in a story. At this point in time, anyway.

Unless, of course, I can draw humor out of it with Errol's antics in trying to run a business? Can't imagine him giving makeovers. :p Maybe he and his Granddad...

Got to take store receipts to the bank, now. Gee, I hope my computer internet connection is working OK when I get home. :( Bye

16. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

Oh. LOL. I should have known. Those robots were just are too cool looking to be Maxis content.

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Did you know that LOL could also stand for Little Old Lady. ;) I think I'm going to use that under my avatar. :p

18. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

so what about ROFL?... hehe

19. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

it's too bad some of the ofb costumes weren't available earlier... the head gear is pretty cool.

20. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Oh, Michelle, I'm dieing here. Gotta get my act together so I can get into the OFB stuff.

Really Old Funny Lady ;)