I'd like to put in the old Buy Mode Tunes...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by JohnEZ, Dec 10, 2004.

1. JohnEZ

JohnEZ The Mac Guy

I'd like to put in the old Buy Mode Tunes...

Sorry for such a question, but it has really bothered me. I always liked the tunes from the Buy Mode in TS1, however, clearly, they are not in TS2.

I was wondering if there was any specific way I could add the TS1 with the songs in TS2, or if it comes down to it, changing the songs altogether.

Anyone know how..?

Thanks,

2. shadystiles

shadystiles New Member

TS1 UI Music = Fingernails on a chalkboard

No offence, JohnEZ, but I've always found all of the UI music from TS1 to be the worst kind of torture known to man. I'm not particularily fond of the Buy Mode music for TS2, either. The Build mode music, however, for TS2 is good; so is the create-a-sim music. I am SOOO glad they took the old music out. I remember being EXTREMELY annoyed when that 'mind-tearing' music followed onto the console. But that's just MY oppinion, and everyone is entitled to like whatever they want.

If you have a powerful enouph machine, and a second CDROM, you could:
    1. Burn TS1 tracks to a disc
    2. Disable the UI music for TS1 or mute it
    3. Put the disc in your second CD tray, and DO NOT PRESS 'CLOSE' but Press 'PLAY' (it'll close by itself and start playing the CD, without opening any programs, like Media Player.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

You can have whatever music you like simply by placing mp3's into the relevant folder.

Look in
    C:\Documents and Settings\Users Name\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Music
    and you will see folders for build, buy, cas (create a sim), nhood (neighborhood), plus all of the music styles available on the stereos.

I can't advise on where to find the TS1 music because I do not have TS1 installed on this machine. But I would imagine that is (a) an mp3, which is important, and (b) not too hard to find. So just copy it and paste it into your C:\Documents and Settings\Users Name\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Music\buy\ folder.

OK?

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

If you have TS1 on the same machine, do this:

My computer/C/Program Files/Maxis/The Sims/Sound Data
    then look through there and find the songs you like, then copy and paste them to your TS2 music file as mentioned above.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Thanks for that Krystal. I feel guilty now that I really couldn't be bothered to go boot up my old PC to see where the music was kept in TS1. Maybe I deserve a stern roasting from da boss. ;)

6. testypea

testypea New Member

I'm as lazy as Mirelly:p , so I just turned to Kazaa.

7. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Calling Mirelly lazy eh? :p

8. alaskasmith

alaskasmith New Member

When I updated my Windows Media Player, it searched my computer for mp3 files on my hard drive and added ALL the music from Sims 1, Sims 2 AND Simcity 3000 and 4 onto my playlists!!! Hahaha!! Every once in a while I'll be listening to my music collection and all of the sudden some cheesy country dance song from House Party will play, or the Carribean stuff from Vacation...:D:D:D It is too amusing to delete off the program.