Spore Immaturity and its effects!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Nightshade, May 27, 2005.

1. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

Or just have mods at Maxis.

2. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

True but if the game's popular there'll be huge influxes of creatures and buildings, and no army of mods, (not to mention the costs etc.) could handle it. I suppose the only choice is if you don't like the genitalia people then avoid that planet or when you're strong enough destory them!

3. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

I still like my idea of a player-based voting system supervised by mods hired by Maxis. A random sampling of majority denied creatures should point out who was being a smartass that voted for its acceptance and allow their voting privelage suspended indefinitely.

4. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

That really is the best way to do it, the only problems would be that the system would be somewhat inefficient if every creature had to be OK'ed by players and a mod before it could go into the database. Actually, on second thought, scratch that. That's what thesims2.com does for its download system, and they do just fine.

I hope your idea is implemented. People have a lot easier time seeing into the gray areas of a subject than a computer does.

5. chocolatemax

chocolatemax New Member

I doubt this will happen, Will Wright is smarter than that, he will have some sort of safegaurd.

6. K.Kraden

K.Kraden New Member

I think another thing to remember is that the creature evolution stage takes time. If someone wants to make a penis, I doubt they'd be able to do it in one pass. Can you imagine trying to evolve something gross out of a primordial blob? This also applies to certain races of pikachus and peter griffins (sorry Astro, hehe). Making these characters over a long period of time might be a lot more difficult than one would think. It would take patience as well as planning, so you would know exactly when in the evolutionary stage to add what part, and to evolve another, that way the creature can not only survive to the end stages of its evolution, but also so that the creature ends up being a pretty accurate replica of whatever it is that the creature is ripping off of.

Then again, all those limits hold no more sway once you reach the interstellar phase, when you unlock the ability to edit anything you want in any way you want.

7. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

We don't really know, Will was able to change it from a blob to the tripod very quickly, and even if he did use cheats then whats stopping the immature kid from using them to make one?

8. OverlordBill

OverlordBill New Member

Let's read the whole quote if we use the whole thing, shall we?

9. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

Ok, i had to remove something like 5 posts due to off-topic and Spam.

Cut it out people.

Astro: If you have anything random you'd want to say, say it in the off topic threads.

And if you guys care so that much about staying on topic, you can just PM me with a link to the thread and i'll take care of it.

Heat

10. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

I honestly don't think that it would be that bad, (Actually a little funny) but I think they should use the ERSB - Gaming Experience may change during online play - thing and maybe parents would make sure they set the game to "Don't Download" before their kids play.

11. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

It does it automatically.. theres no setting for don't download. The only option is to block the game's access to the internet with a firewall.

12. Astrodog

Astrodog New Member

Ahem. If you don't have an internet connection, whaddya do?

13. strillor

strillor New Member

if you don't have an internet connection, you wont be able to upload others creatures, planets / worlds :bouncy:

14. kingofthenet

kingofthenet New Member

or download neither, but EA already talked about alternatives for this issue.

Heat