Ironsides

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Lynet, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I'm a little slow to catch things up. Sheesh, a sim wedding is almost as much trouble as a RL wedding. I even had to build a house on the chapel property for the family to move into because I decided the chapel would be a residential and not a community lot. Seemed easier. Except I didn't want the house to be taller than the church so I had to dig a basement, too. :rolleyes: Anyway, it allowed for the use of the wedding arch. And after all that trouble I don't have pictures of the house during the wedding. Then after going to all the time and expense of entering every single household (there are quite a few) in the neighborhood and taking away their swords and shields and buying them fancy clothes, I didn't invite them all (considered it -- decided not to.) And one guy I DID invite changed into a modern white-coated tux. :eek: Oops. Others couldn't be bothered getting dressed up fancy but just wore the everyday stuff. :(

And finally, I had to go find Joe's other sister and bring her home from whatever far away land she's been visiting...

I don't think I should write anything about the wedding. I should just post pictures tonight. Ania and Joe are so cute.

And meanwhile, back in Strangetown, Viola's met someone, too. :D

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

*Lars might look familiar to anyone who reads Chee-z's story. Yup, he's a close relative of Franz.*

Viola invited Lars home for dinner. Hed been coming to the restaurant, Mommas, most afternoons for lunch and the two of them had joked about the limited menu and her waitress outfit and the general state of Strangetown politics.

She was always glad to see him. His dark suit and hat always made her smile.

Hi, Lars, shed say every time.

Good evening, Viola, hed answer every time. He was very comforting to talk to. That was probably why he was so successful with his business. He owned a funeral parlor. Lars Dinesen was an undertaker and he was almost as pale as his clients.

After the turkey dinner with stuffing, Viola showed Lars the urn. Shed removed the bundle of letters and put them away in the desk for Errol but didnt know what to do about a big empty stone urn. She considered just giving it to Lars. Maybe some poor bereaved family could make use of it.

Lars held the urn, weighing it in his hands, and looked puzzled. He lifted it to his face and peered closely at the old grey stone. Odd, he mumbled. Very odd. Would you mind, my dear Viola, if I take this back to the office for a day or two? Id like to take some measurements.

I have no need for it, Lars. Keep it, if you like.

He smiled. He set the urn aside and flirted with her a little, taking her hands. Want to go bowling with me on Saturday? he said.

That would be wonderful, she said.

3. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Very nice. Somehow I think Errol's adventures haven't ended quite yet.

I'm looking forward to the wedding pictures! :)

5. Lynet

Lynet New Member

The wedding of King Konstantin and Ania Waring was only a couple of months in the planning. The kingdom needed an event like this wedding to lift everyone out of the gloom of the war, for even though the war had ended, the people and the land were exhausted and feeling overwhelmed by the work of rebuilding. So their king moved forward on his wedding faster than his bride and her mother would have liked. But they had lots of help, anyway. And with the king's wedding there would be another, the marriage of his sister, Yvette, to Sir Etienne, knighted for his service to the king and bravery during battle.

Although Konstantin would liked to have invited the entire population of his kingdom, he felt that it was wiser to keep the party small. And so it took place one sunny afternoon in the chapel at the foot of the mountains. There were plenty of pictures, however, and these were reproduced and passed around through every town.

Pictures:

1 and 2 are the guests arriving at the chapel. Konstantin and Ania invited the men and women who had served in the king's army.

3 is a picture of Alka with Patrice, youngest sister to the king. She has been staying with relatives in another kingdom, sent away to safety when the war began.

4 and 5 is the marriage of Etienne and Yvette. (Etienne was so nervous he forgot to shave and everyone else was too busy to remind him.)

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

More pictures:

1 The bride before the ceremony.

2 thru 5 The ceremony takes place.

7. Lynet

Lynet New Member

And more wedding pictures. (Not over quite yet.)

After the ceremony, the guests helped carry out the chapel pews and set up the tables for dinner and dancing. The guests hadn't seen so much good food in one place for years so mostly they just ate and left the dancing to their king and his bride.

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

And some more :eek:

I didn't notice until after I'd taken a closeup picture of Kate and Errol, that Kate was leading. :shocked: Don't think either one of them noticed, either. They spent a lot of time smooching anyhow.

Notice the nice clear space around the dancing couples. I bodily moved everyone outside so they'd get out of the way. Guests can be a nuisance when you want pictures.

9. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

ahhhh! way cool... love the wedding outfits.

10. surprised_by_witches

So romantic. I said I wanted to see a wedding and you didn't disappoint. :)

Thank you for posting!

11. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Thanks, Michelle. Not sure, but I think I got them from Parsimonius. Or from All About Style. Either site seems to make nice clothes. Pronupsims is great for hair and veils but I prefer to get dresses from the first two sites.

Oh, SBW. Looks like we posted at the same time. Thank you. Sometimes I just want to kiss Joe, he's so cute. Goodness, don't tell my husband. He thinks I'm nuts enough as it is.

12. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Parsimonious has great outfits from all kinds of themes...

Great pictures! I think Ania is very beautiful, despite her resemblance to Errol. I also noticed how unblurrry the dresses are...when I reinstalled TS2 and all of the options were set different, I realized that Less Smooth Edges makes everything more crisp and clear...I'm so dumb.

13. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

*Sniff sniff*

14. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

What a lovely wedding! Love the Chapel! And you must have one heck of a system to get that many people onto your lot!

As usual, ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS Pictures! You make it all so real! I shall be sorry to see this chapter in the lives of the Waring Family close - But I suspect that new adventures are right around the corner!

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Thank you Sacha :D .

I logged on real quick here to correct my earlier post about where I got the wedding dresses for Ania and Yvette. I downloaded so many for them to try on :rolleyes: and I have so much other stuff from Parsimonius I just assumed they came from that site.

I went back to the sites to look: Ania's came from Pronupsims. I rarely get clothes there but this dress appealed to me and it looked good on Ania. Yvette's came from Besen's Sims2 site. I liked the colors. Etienne's outfit came from Parsimonius. Not sure about Joe's, yet.

Yes, the story is winding down but I have a couple of loose ends I want to tie up.

p.s. As for the crowds, I didn't throw a wedding party. I just summoned the people that I wanted to come. For the most part (some got confused) they participated just fine with the whole wedding, changing into formals on the spot and sitting down for the ceremony and standing up to applaud when it ended. Kind of surprised me when Joe and Ania, all on their own, started walking back down the isle together at the end of the ceremony. Of course, I snapped pictures of it.

The crowd was more than willing to eat and dance afterwards. And raise a toast to the newlyweds and have cake. There was no limo and honeymoon at the end but the limo would have been out of place in Joe's land anyway.

16. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Meanwhile, back in Strangetown

Viola had a wonderful time on her Saturday date with Lars, probably because they bowled a little and smooched a lot. In public! Viola didnt care if the teenagers giggled and the older folk were shocked. It was worse than that. She did something shed never imagined herself ever doing. She and Lars made love in his big wood panel van. Life couldnt get any better, she thought. Until Lars proposed, right in the middle of her yard next to the garage. Viola was in heaven and, of course, she accepted.

Sure, it was awfully fast, this romance, but the two of them werent getting any younger. And Violas motto has always been: Dont waste time on long courtships.

He came the next night for dinner and he carried a big bundle tied up in paper. He set the bundle on the dining room table and carefully removed the paper, which he folded neatly and set aside.

Whats this about? she said, very slightly annoyed that he hadn't noticed her new hairdo. It was another burial urn. Not the same one because this one was colored shiny white and gold.

Your urn, he said. Then he explained something he had obviously had to explain many times over the years. Urns are all made of the same impermeable material, a material necessary to protect the remains of the loved one. The urns are then coated using a special electrical process to give them the appearance of stone or gold or platinum, depending on the familys wishes. He paced a little away, scratching his chin, then came back to the table and waved at the urn standing on it. Your urn was unnaturally heavy. And the stone coloring did not look right. Ive seen many, you know.

Viola nodded, still puzzled, but patient. She'd forgotten all about her hair and just thought about how she liked listening to his gentle voice. She wanted to listen to it for the rest of her life.

Last night I removed the paint from your urn and found platinum and gold. Viola, its very valuable.

Like a new car? She shrugged. Ive seen platinum urns before. Ive heard thats about what they cost.

Viola, my sweet, he took her hand in his. Its not paint. The urn is coated in a thick layer of real platinum. And gold. By weight, in todays market for an extremely rare metal, this urn is worth about 1.5 million simoleons.

Viola blinked and said, I knew he was rolling in it but thats a little more than I imagined. She noticed that Lars looked very sad. Whats the matter, Hon?

He said, I love you, my dear Viola, and I want to marry you. However, if you now wish to withdraw from our engagement, I will understand.

Dont be stupid, she said. Were getting married next weekend. She grabbed the front of his jacket with both fists and pulled him in for a long, hungry kiss.

And so it was that another member of Errols family got married and lived happily ever after.

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Another wedding. And I still have to go see what Errol and Kate are up to, so this is not the end, yet. :eek:

18. surprised_by_witches

Awwwwww ... so sweet. I love the photos, especially the one of the two of them looking out over the city.

How appropriate that it was a fortune sim's urn! :D Hector, you rascal, you.

And, what's with the guest in the pink dress? She's beating up the air. I always wonder what that gesture is all about. :rolleyes:

19. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I think they're picking imaginary gunk out of their teeth.

I happen to like Viola's new 'do, anyway.

20. Lynet

Lynet New Member

The lady in the pink dress standing next to the dining room table is actually primping. She has a mirror, but it may be hard to see it in that picture, if that's the picture you're talking about. Does look sort of like she's punching air.

She's a downtown Diva (I think that's what people have been calling those ladies.) Usually wears the long slinky dress which she changed out of for the wedding. Apparently she's got sparks for the guy in the smoking jacket because during the party they spent a lot of time talking to each other, with little hearts flying. :rolleyes:

All the friends at this party are downtownies. Since it's a household I moved from one neighborhood to the other, I didn't want to bloat my character files any more than they already were by creating other friends, having done the 'the big no-no,' as it were. :eek:

Oh, HI! 123, we posted at the same time.