Is anyone writing in the library anymore?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Ruthie_Faye, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Is anyone writing in the library anymore?

Has the library just died or is everyone just writing at another forum? I don't think anything has been updated this month at all! There were so many stories I was following in there that I will really miss. I went to that other forum where a lot of the writers had been moving their stories but it doesn't seem to be updated either at least not the last time I was there. I've got a new computer here at work so I don't have the link anymore though. We have some amazing writers here and I would hate to think they have all decided to stop writing for some reason.

Ruth

2. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

I guess there isn't any interest in the library. That's sad because there were so many stories that I loved. I wanted to know if Gerry ever broke free from Cavel. If he ever realized that money doesn't buy happiness and that the important thing wasn't the inheritance but the relationships he'd developed in One Fried Egg.

Ruth

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Hi Ruth:

I think there is an interest in the library but just that those who were originating contributing have for the most part opted to post elsewhere in their own small private community and split from ours.

I'd love to see the library used to its fullest potential. :)

4. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Makes me wish I could right!

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Practice makes perfect! :D You can do it! :)

6. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Hey Ruthie Faye! I miss the library too! It just seemed to be getting overlooked, though. It got so depressing to pour your heart into a story, and then it seemed like hardly anyone was reading it. I still post from time to time, but it's hard to keep adding stories when no one encourages you.

7. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Hey Ruthie Faye!

I miss the library too! It just seemed to be getting overlooked, though. It got so depressing to pour your heart into a story, and then it seemed like hardly anyone was reading it. I still post from time to time, but it's hard to keep adding stories when no one encourages you. That's the main reason I started writing over at the other site, where the writing is the focus, and it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. (Oh, and Gerry's story just got added to, so you might want to check it out!)

I'd love to see more happening with this library...there are some very talented writers over here. I'll try to add some more chapters, see if anything picks up...and I'd love to see other writers...C'mon people! Support your writer's!!!!

8. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

I'd say the library is dead. It just gets ignored. You are probably the only one who ever visits that place any more, Ruthie. I don't even think most of the members here know that the Library exists...

Like Sacha said, it's really hard to write a story when it just gets ignored. You don't have any enthusiasm as a writer to carry on writing if your work isn't appreciated for what it is.

As far as I'm concerned, the "other site" where most of the writers of the old Library moved to has been updated plenty recently.

9. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Can someone send me the link to the other site. I've lost in in changing computers. I love all the stories but I must admit that I sometimes get so caught up in reading that I forget to comment, I'll try to do better on that in the future.

Thanks
    Ruthie

10. Sim2 Rox da World

Sim2 Rox da World New Member

hey Ruthie

i'm hoping that soon i can convince some newbies to post some of their amazing stories in the lib and i'm also hoping that if the story i'm writing at the mo pans out the way i think it will it should be in the lib later this month.

11. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Many of us are still writing at "that other" forum...it is quite active. I would still like to be keeping up at this one, but so few people seem to visit it. Still, I'm hoping to get a chance to do some updating on this site...It's just been kind of crazy for me lately! Maybe over the long, Thanksgiving weekend...

In the meantime, I hope you do post your story...I always love to read good Sim Stories!