is it uh possible to download tooo much?

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by carebear151, Nov 26, 2002.

1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Yes, carebears are cuddly bears with pictures on their tummies and names like grumpy bear, sunny bear etc. Apparantly when carebear FIRST joined there USED to be another part to their name, and THAT part, which isn't there anymore, was removed, because it had to do with drugs. Carebears themselves have nothing to do with drugs! :D Does it make more sense now? :whitekitty:

2. carebear151

carebear151 New Member

no problem0

yea thos r the ones

3. carebear151

carebear151 New Member

my friend drew it for me thats where it came from

*Picture removed by lworley due to name violation: Please contact me if you require any more information*

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oh dear!!! ...errr... the drug name is a bit off too anyway. Doesn't match the picture on the tummy.... I like you MUCH better as just Carebear151!! :D

5. juicylucy1989

juicylucy1989 New Member

HEY, CAREBEAR. Thats EXACTLY whats happened to me!! Ive downloaded WAY TOO MUCH!!!!

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I now shuffle my downloads in and out of the game as I'm playing the different neighborshoods where I used different stuff... this is getting complicated!! But FUN! I can't wait till we get a new computer sometime next year... I hope.... ;)

7. lworley

lworley New Member

OK a little tip, all downloads are 2d images which have to be rendered by the game, the more images you have the longer it takes.

Hard drive speeds matter ALOT and the rotations per minute (RPM) factor what speed the hardrive can gather data.

Also teh data transport to your processor is important and the latest technology is DMA or UDMA or ATA

DMA occurs in every new drive today UDMA is a modfied version and ATA is the catergory of a drive.

Most drives today are ata 100 which means 100 megabits of data per second, some are ata 80 (80 megabits) although new ones are roughly ata 120, of course you need the cables too :)

Another but most forgotten way to speed a game up is RAM, you'd be suprised how many people forget to upgrade their ram and moan about things being slow.

Fast Hardrive + Fast Processor + Fast Memory (and lots of it) = Speed

8. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

what wrong with the name carebear i like it

9. alapokeygirl

alapokeygirl Very much in LOVE

I used to have jerky game play when I only had 128ram and not as many downloads as I have now. I upgraded to 640ram and my load time is at about 7-8minutes now and I have thousands of downloads. I do, however, make sure that the .iff files are "read only" which has also helped in the loading time. I think the new carebear151 is just fine and very cute. :classic:

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

There's NOTHING wrong with the name carebear! :D The name USED to have another word in it but it's been changed and the drug part was taken out, so it's fine now! :whitekitty: :bunny:

11. lworley

lworley New Member

7 - 8 minutes!?

What operating system are you using, i think you may not be suffering from the loads of downloads but in fact a memory bug in windows, i may be wrong if i am shoot me :)

Tell me what os you're using and i'll tell ya more :p

12. BabyaSim

BabyaSim New Member

Yes,today my copy of the Sims, on just my PC frezzed during loadup-works fine ojn my dad's IBM aptiva(667 mHz, vs 333Mhz). So it seeems to me that downloadfing too much objects can make The Sims freeze/crash during loading-so it's best to keep your object number small-divide into folders.

13. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

my game takes like 10-15 mins to start!

14. teresa7159

teresa7159 New Member

about 20 minutes to load here but have 9000 files in just objecys alone. older comp also.

15. MackenzieJewel

MackenzieJewel New Member

Never heard of drugs called carebears

Oh my gosh, I know this is just a joke! I've never heard of a drug called carebears...... Please...... Just leave it alone, I could understand if it was x or cocain or dope.. or even weed, but carebear?

16. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

don't remind me about those....we got a submission of carebears a few months ago...and I still have them..........

I'm very hesitant in publishing them. THey describe exactly what you said Mackenzie

17. MackenzieJewel

MackenzieJewel New Member

I've never heard of it!

I wonder why I've never heard of it... Really guys, I'm serious..... :confused: I have never heard of those... so if I would have come here with the name care bear, I would have had to change it? :bunny: I always thought of the care bears being cute and furry, not drugs... But I guess I'm just not in that seen...... Thank God for that!

18. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Um, read UP in the posts MackenzieJewel, Carebear is the CHANGED version of the name!! The Name USED to be CarebearOn(Insert Drug Name Here That Was The Reason The Name USED to be Objectionable) The NEW name, Carebear, is just fine, as I said above. :D And as far as I know there's not a drug named carebear, and no, if you came here with the name carebear you wouldn't have to change it! :p The member previously using that name did make some posts here that got them banned though.

19. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

By the way, nice to meet you!