Is there anywhere to download custom content yet

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ME!, May 12, 2004.

1. Jesus_Freak_

Jesus_Freak_ New Member

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Just a heads up, simsresource.com isn't a fansite. Its just some guy trying to sell the domain :D

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

So we sould be sure to leave "the" at the beginning of the url??

4. mAster_Inept

mAster_Inept New Member

Amy:

i made a skin not long ago and i've already packaged it...what would stop me from distributing the file? i mean...i could be wrong, but y couldn't i just throw it out there and say: here take my creation and enjoy it?

matter of time really...

5. Gryphon

Gryphon New Member

Just adding a hopfully helpful note :) Microsoft makes a TweakUI for Windows XP, available from their site ( http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx ) which lets you safely move your My Documents folder to anyplace you like. My VAIO came with a 65G D: drive and a 15G C: drive by default, because of the Giga Pocket feature, so I moved my My Documents folder to "D:\Documents" to start with so I'd have more space for it... I guess that was a good idea :D

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Having instructions from microsoft makes this more reassuring, thanks for the info!! :D

7. Gryphon

Gryphon New Member

Welcome ;-)

8. sketchingblue

sketchingblue New Member

hate to be all up-myself but my sims 2 website has a lot of custom content for download

http://sketch.simgames.net/

if you do download something of and redistribute it please just dont take credit for it yourself, it kind of upsets me as i put a lot of work into skinning

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Thanks for your site url sketchingblue! :D

We were just having a big discussion about the problems where we see stuff in the exchange crediting the wrong people or claiming credit themselves. You can check it out in the thread here about Plagarism. If you have any ideas on how to protect our sims community of artists from this kind of thing, chime in and tell us what you think! :)

10. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Wow! Sketchin, you are one talented artist. And your site is terrific too.