Troubleshooting Issue with Sims 3 clashing before the splash screen

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by mudsnout, Sep 28, 2010.

1. mudsnout

mudsnout New Member

Issue with Sims 3 clashing before the splash screen

Okay, so, just to let you know I'm running vista, on a very new computer and I have played Sims 3 on multiple occasions with no problems. The only time prior to this that I had any problem with it was when I had installed so much user content that it began to slow down XD

So, I haven't played the game in a few months, but had a sudden hankering so I popped it in, but after the logos and the opening movie played, the game simply crashed to the desktop. No error message, not even a freeze screen, it just poofs. Doesn't matter if I let the opening movie run through or if i skip it, it always does it. I have checked my disk, updated my drivers, ran it as administrator, then uninstalled and re-installed it, to no avail.

the only thing i had really changed in the time between uses was that I disabled the setting in Vista that causes all of those administrator pop ups to verify everything, but turning it back on didn't help the issue. I've also restarted my computer at numerous phases, so I've got my bases pretty much covered. However, I don't claim to be any computer expert, so I won't be surprised if I overlooked something simple.

Anyway, I would appreciate some help. I'm still hankering for a play XD