It's Official! September 17th Is the Release Date!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by hyperactivecow, May 12, 2004.

1. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The Shipping Date is September 17. After that, Maxis has no control. It's up to shipping times/schedules, warehouse distribution schedules and store (and store's corporate) policies as to when you get it.

From what someone on the Sims 2 BBS said, it often takes only 8-24 hours for the shipping to get it to the place. However, other factors may slow it.

What Maxis said is that it should be in stores within about 4 days of shipping.

2. wize_guy123

wize_guy123 A ***** Retiree

Actually...

From EB Games... they have the shipping date as September 15th... and there recieval date as September 17th... Just thought you'd like to know... and the players guide is also coming out in EB Games... 2 days before the game comes out :disappointed:

3. KatAnubis

As we have all learned over this past year, dates from the game vendors is not always accurate. It is often speculative. The *only* dates which know what is happening come from Maxis.

There are still game companies who say that they are getting the game even earlier than September 14th. And there are companies who have it listed as September the 24th.

Also, at least one vendor had the players guide coming out 2 days ago. This just points out how inaccurate they can be.

Maxis said the shipping date is September 17th. That should be the date that we expect it. (They know a lot more about when they would ship it than EB Games, as good a company as they are.)

4. wize_guy123

True...

The Best thing we can do is hope and pray...

5. KatAnubis

In today's chat they said that it would be *in store* on September 17 (and that they might have it before that if they have fast shipping.) They are shipping it out on the 14th.

6. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Thats good. I suppose...

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I'm guessing it may work like other products, which are often shipped and IN the BACK rooms or storerooms of the stores BEFORE the date they are due to be placed on the shelves. I remember friends of mine going nuts for Star Wars figures and begging to be allowed to purchase them before Midnight, but the store clerks couldn't DO that! :p

8. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I just hope I get the money in time to BE one of those people waiting for it at midnight :rolleyes: .

9. wize_guy123

Maybe I will do that... but then again I do have school... you might say take a day off... but then what was the sense of getting perfect attendance last year if I won't be doing it again? LoL

10. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I'll conveniently "get sick" thatg day the sims 2 comes out. If that doesn't work, I'll just hide. I've never gotten perfect attendance anyway.

11. EwanGirl5

EwanGirl5 New Member

At least it didn't come out in June because I know I wouldn't have passed any of my exams... But the good thing about it coming out in September is it gives me something to look forward to, I hate school... BUT I LOVE THE SIMS! It's also early in the semester so even if I do have homework I'll be able to get it done soon. When I get it my friend is coming over and we're going to order pizza, rent a movie, play The Sims non-stop and not see the light of day until Monday! :eek: :D

12. wize_guy123

Why are you going to order a movie? :eek: Then you have to watch that instead of playing The Sims 2... Then again you will be needing a break, right??

13. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Wise_guy could you please edit out those caps?

Thanks! :)

14. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

Even though I don't got to school I still love playing the sims! The only probem I have is working but after that I am off fo the whole day. Or maybe I can play the sims 2 when all the kids take their naps for an hour! Then I can play it while they are sleeping. But I stay home because home is my job. So I have to work! But I love kids two.

15. wize_guy123

Trinisis you should do it at the time you posted last... I believe no kids would be up at that time... LoL... okay bye!

16. EwanGirl5

EwanGirl5 New Member

I doubt I'll watch the movie much but since the TV is right by my computer I can listen to it and watch it while things load. I've just waited for this movie for a long time too and it comes out the same day as Sims :D !!!

17. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

yeah I was thinking about that. But I have to wake up early because I have to work that is why I don't play to much at night but I'll try!

18. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

If you're working at home maybe you can get your work for the day finished and play sims after that... ;) My best friend has her 2 year old convinced that Mommy HAS to play a video game and snuggle him as he falls asleep for his afternoon nap. :D Gaming and kids DO go together, haha! ;)

19. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I wonder how that kid will turn out

20. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

What kid arey ou talking about Supernova?