How Do I kids with flu

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jiko, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

kids with flu

How do I call in sick for a child who has the flu? Do they just have to take the hit on their grades for missing a day?

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

good question... doesnt seem fair does it. Anyone have an answer?

3. Jiko

It doesn't seem fair - she was really sick (they sound like they have the croup!) and I kept her home to play with her doll house and she lost a grade. But if you send them to school sick, they get sicker and have bad days at school anyway.

Life's not fair!

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh I agree that life isn't fair. What puzzles me is that you are annoyed that the game isn't either! LOL Only a small percentage of my sim kids have gotten the flu and yeah they do lose a grade by being held back. They soon get it back again when they're well. Didn't you ever have a kid in your own school who missed a major chunk of a school session and had to struggle hard to catch up?

Pescado raises simkids under a regime that makes Ghenghis Khan look like Mary Poppins with extra sugar and pink ribbons. He deliberately keeps simkids at home to study up and get their skills maxed out before they become teenagers ... I think the point is that (most of us know already ... and the rest will find out eventually) sim school is a waste of time ... it is only there to give the social worker a reason for existence. The real lessons come from what a sim learns for him or herself. The fact that this is immeasurably close to the situtaion in real life is neither here nor there. If you don't go to school, you're in big trouble. If you do, you lose valuable time that you could've used teaching yourself something useful ... why am I thinking about the kid here the other day who wasn't sure how to find out how much the game costs? :rolleyes:

5. Jiko

Oh, yeah, I know life isn't fair. (Remember what I do to pay the rent...) I'm getting over the desire to get A+ grades for my kids and am now wondering just how low the grades can go before the social worker arrives. Trying to make kids max out skills and get great grades is compensation. For me, that I've reared three kids who squeaked by, and for Pescado - well, who knows? I wish the game had trampolines to buy.

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Um, what do trampolines have to do with school? Are your simkids hyperactive? :D

Yes, trampolines would be nice, and as I've mentioned before, so would bicycles, rollerblades, jumpropes and skateboards ... get those sims moving!

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

D- is as low as it goes. You get D- and the next day the child catcher shows up ... actually that would've been neat if Maxis could've licensed the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang child catcher .... ;)

8. Jiko

Why trampolines? I can imagine it, can't you? I love it when the kids and teens (and some adults) swing wildly back and forth on refrigerator doors or jump up and down on the couch at the clothing store and do cannonballs in the pool and wake people up by playing the piano in the middle of the night. Real life, baby. One of my elderly women, now a bald general, loves to swing more than anything and will swing in the middle of the night, laughing and shrieking. Why not??

How about hula hoops!?

9. surprised_by_witches

Ooh ... good idea. Hula hoops are cool. How about kiddie swimming pools?

I have never had one single sim swing on the refrigerator door. Is that a spontaneous action like steal back gnome?

What I want to know is how Pescado avoids the child catcher if he keeps his kids home from school. I have had them stolen with very little provocation ... that social worker is quite a witch.

I'll have to search the other threads for the answer. I'm suspecting it involves one of his hacks ...

10. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

It most definatley has something to do with one of his hacks. :rolleyes: Like I said in the other thread--Poking babies with sticks to toughen them up wouldn't be too far off. LMAO.

School is a waste of time, but then again, it also gives the Sim Parents and the player a small break. If you have several teens and children in the house, you're wishing the school bus would come sooner and leave later! LOL Plus, it allows Sim children to socalize and make new friends. Of course, the Townie children are annoying, but it's pretty good when a charecter from another household steps off the bus. Two of my now-grown girls, Mercedes and Maria, started off this way, stepping off the bus at each other's houses and playing tag and telling jokes. They went to high school together, partied together, dated brothers, and then went to school and pledged the same soroity. Now that one has a baby and the other had graduated and is going to have an unfortunate accident with her diaphram tonight, I can't wait to see their children become best friends. :) Or maybe Maria will have a boy, and he'll grow up to marry her best friend's daughter. Who knows. ;)

11. Jiko

Swinging on fridge doors has to do with how outgoing they are. Ditto with jumping on couches and swinging in public. Hey, and I finally had someone (a teen boy) spontaneously emerge from the shower and wander through the house naked - getting a snack in the kitchen in front of a very shocked set of parents. Love it when the elders jump back with a big gasp!

12. surprised_by_witches

So many things I have yet to learn ... :D

I agree about sending them to school, Kristal. When else would the parentals get to work on their lives? :p

13. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

*Gets back on topic* Erm, I dont think so, but that would be an idea for our TS2 Modification Request forumA hack that would allow kids to call in sick, good idea.