Kina's Blog

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by person123, Nov 19, 2005.

1. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Kina's Blog

3:07 PM
    Dear Blog,

So I bought a cheap flat in downtown Pleasantview, and decided, hey, why dont I start a blog about my awesome life?

Well, I guess I better introduce myself. My name is Kina Ailani, and Im twenty-two years old. Recently dropped out of college, it wasnt doing my health well.

Anyway, a few hours after Id moved in some people came over, I guess the welcome wagon. No one really caught my attention, but, hey, I can always go to a nightclub or something! Though Joe Carr looked pretty cute, his big nose was just too much. And he had a nasty personality, I think, because some of the other people that came over were giving him dirty looks.

Yay, new story! Anyway, I was going to upload pictures, but when I checked the Storytelling folder, none of the pictures from any of my families were there! What gives? Nightlife adds a lot of new things, including glitches. :mad:

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

The storytelling folder only shows photos taken at community lots. You need to look in the Neighborhoods folder. Find your neighborhood. N001-N003 are the in-game neighborhoods, so your first custom one would be N004 and so forth. Open up the storytelling folder in that neighborhood folder and you will find your photos.

Since you're in Pleasantview, look in N001.

3. person123

...Really...is this a new feature with NL, or was it like that in the first game as well? And I'm not so sure about that since I found a picture I took of one of my sims holding her newly grown up toddler in the Storytelling folder, but no other pictures I'd taken. I'm sure she didn't do that at a community lot!

Okay, so I checked the Neighborhoods folder and they were there, but I'm still a little curious about the baby picture. :confused:

Another question: suddenly my game is slow! I decided to play with Veronaville, and all the families in there were really slow. Is it because the lots are too big? I tried playing with the Summerdream family, and everything was really slow, and the game freezed after I'd been adding windows for a while. So I restarted the computer and started TS2 again, and Veronaville was still really, really slow. After I'd changed some sound settings and clicked on the Family Bin, it took forever for it to load. I went into Pleasantview, and both the Goth and Pleasant families took forever for the picture of the family to come up. I guess it's because the lots are too big, but what about the Family Bin in Veronaville? And why are big lots suddenly slow with Nightlife? Argh.

4. surprised_by_witches

My game ran really slow yesterday for a while. I rebooted and deleted content the game was disputing (don't really need some of it anyway) and everything worked fine.

I didn't want to disable custom content now that I have fight club LOL.

Your machine could just be in need of an upgrade. NL does require more memory, etc., than the basic set.

You could try disabling the neighborhood view when you play a large lot. Not as fun, I know, but it could help. My machine isn't up to the super-large lots, either. Sometimes the greek houses run rather slow, especially the one with a lot of people in it.

Try playing smaller lots, or getting rid of some of your downloads. For some reason NL runs faster without custom furniture or objects. Recolors, genetics and clothing don't seem to make a difference on my machine, but object meshes do.

Hope this helps.

5. person123

Okay, so I deleted a whole bunch of makeup and hairstyles before I read your post, but, oh well, didn't use them much anyway. None of the objects I installed from the official site show up anymore so I don't know how to delete them, and I usually forget to turn on Neighborhood view. :eek: Yeah, what a waste, right? And nowadays I usually use the 3x3 lots that cost around $3000, unless I play a premade lot. I never realized exactly how much space on a sim's lot is filled with useless junk. :rolleyes:

6. person123

....Somehow I'm getting the vibe that no one is enjoying this story much. Maybe it's because it's in a boring format....but I didn't really feel like writing the detailed thing...:ermm: Maybe I should switch back to my regular style of writing.

7. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

I'm reading. Just hadn't posted as SBW was answering your questions. I was waiting patiently for more of the story.

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Me, too. Patiently waiting for Chapter 2.

9. surprised_by_witches

Ich auch! (That's German for me, too ...)

10. person123

Well, now I feel like a big whiny baby! :eek: Actually I've had the next piece (and a few more) already done for like a week...but I dunno, just kept putting off posting it.

5:25 PM
    Mood: Satisfied
    Dear Blog,

I asked Goopy GilsCarbo on a lunch date, and it was cool. His nose was still humongous, but he was real smooth. Though I have a problem with his outfit. What kind of guy wears plaid shorts, long socks, and a long-sleeve shirt? Whatever, I plan to take him on a shopping spree one day.

But enough about Goopy GilsCarbo. I met another cute guy today named Abhijeet Deppiese! Okay, so his names not that cool, and his nose is on the large side (seriously, were they all descended from Big Bird or something?) but hes pretty sweet. We have real chemistry.

And I met another guyyeah, I guess I sound like a bit of a tramp, but hey, fresh out of college, I plan on meeting a lot more guys! And maybe girls, too, because, you know, Im open-minded. Anyway, so I met a dude named Brandon Lillard. His nose is actually flat, to my great surprise, but very flat. Why are Pleasantview men either on one extreme or the other? But anyway, hes cute, and his personality actually reminds me of those bad boys that ride motorcycles, except, get thishe wears a kilt! Im actually pretty proud that I refrained from laughing long enough to get to know him.

Okay, so I told myself I wasnt going to make a blog just about all the guys I meet, and here I am doing it! Argh. Okay, so what else did I do? I bought some new clothes, though I know it was a mistake as Im literally dirt-poor. But they look awesome! Ive got a pair of pink leg warmers, humongously fuzzy purple socksthey look awesome. And a whole bunch of cheap plastic bracelets that look awesome when you put them together. Yay, Im so excited to go out and meet even more guys!

Anyway, I also got a job as a Golf Caddy. The pay's pretty low, and the hours are terrible, but hey, I'm a night owl anyway. Besides, I think I might get a promotion soon. The boss was real impressed with, um, my assets. :rolleyes: So...yeah, off to the clubs!

11. surprised_by_witches

Hmmmm ... let me guess, uh, romance sim?

Very cute. Made me want to actually date Brandon. I am dying to change his outfit too. He either needs wildman hair to go with that kilt or a different outfit to go with his hair! He doesn't match.

I can't get past Goopy's name. I thought maybe if he got a long ponytail and wore hippy clothes it might be more forgivable. You know, people could call him the Goopster and he could be like the Dude from The Big Lebowski. :D

12. person123

LOL, actually she's a Pleasure sim! I got pretty annoyed that I could find so many matches for her, and yet none of my Romance sims got any action. :p

And yes, I still hate his name, which is exactly why she's not sticking with him.

13. DuzzyGirl

Poor Goopster.

:D

14. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

Heh, I don't know what my Sim, Paine, saw in Goopy, but they've been married forever and have grown old together. :D

15. person123

4:28 AM
    Mood: Happy
    Dear Blog,

I was just at work and I got promoted to Gas Station Attendant! Im so excited! Im moving up the ladder!

So at work I met this dude called Robert Rossi. He looked pretty cute, but can you believe he wore his pajamas? They were all stained and dirty. I decided to humor him and went on a date with him, and he turned out pretty nice. I think were going on a date tomorrow night, though Im not sure. I was a little tired. Can you believe it? Me, tired? Craziness! When is the caffeine going to kick in?

6:33 PM
    Mood: Excited
    Dear Blog,

I met the dreamiest guy ever! His name is River Graham, which in itself attracted me to him, and hes definitely the best-looking guy Ive ever seen! I was enjoying myself at Sims Night Out (or whatever its calledI never really remember all the club names, I just remember where they are) and he saunters up to me and hes like, Ive never seen someone with such a great fashion sense! At first I thought he was being sarcastic because I was wearing a belly shirt and the shortest skirt I own, and a few other not-really matching things, but it turns out he really likes me! We ended up making out in my car, which is, I admit, pretty fast-paced, but I think we really hit it off. We're going out inoh my gosh, half an hour?! I havent taken a shower yet or picked an outfit or anything!

5:27 AM
    Mood: Tired
    Dear Blog,

So he ended up coming back to my placeI dont need to explain, do I? But anyway, the date was awesome! We went to a place called The Hub, and he bought me a lobster thermidor! I bet hes loaded! So anyway, he also has the most beautiful eyes Ive ever seen. Theyre such a bright green We toasted with champagne and everything, and then he asked me to dance! Such a gentleman! We slow-danced for like an hour, and then I invited him back to my place. Hm, my job is starting in a few hours, I better get some more sleep.

16. DuzzyGirl

This River sounds like an interesting fellow. Good luck with him!

17. person123

1:34 AM
    Mood: Nervous
    Dear Blog,

Oh my gosh, I have absolutely no idea what just happened. Okay, so me and River were eating, and I bit something hard in my crepe suzette. I picked it out, thinking itd be an unusually hard berry or something, andguess what! It was a ring! An engagement ring! River got down on his knees and proposed to me right there in the restaurant! I was completely surprised! And I said yes. Now that Im thinking about it, Im not sure if it was such a good ideaI mean, of course, its not like I dont want to get married, its just thatI dont think Im ready for it. I havent done so much, I havent had any of the experiences that Id planned on having before I settled down and got married. I just feeloverwhelmed. And I think I do love River. But Im just not ready yet. Hes sleeping in the bedroom right nowI guess he just assumed that since were engaged we should be living together. I guess there are merits to that, butI dont know. We have to talk.

Conversation between River and Kina

Um, listen River. Iwe have to talk.
    Yes?
    Kina felt terrible. He looked so happy, soexuberant. He had no idea of what she was going to say. You know how were, um, engaged?
    He looked confused. Yes.
    Kina looked down and began fidgeting with her engagement ring. II justI dont think Im ready for this kind of commitment.
    He looked crestfallen. Youdont?
    I mean, I love you, River, I think it was love at first sight! Kina laughed weakly.
    But?
    But Im not ready. Ive always wanted to do so much before I got married and settled down.
    Its not like, if we get married, we just become old middle-aged people, Kina! There was a hint of frustration in his voice.
    I know, butIm just feeling overwhelmed. I love you, I really do! I doButI
    Youre not ready, he sighed. Listen, Kina, its not like we have to get married right away, anyway! Some people get engaged and then get married like ten years later!
    I know, but I also know that you dont want that! You care about having a family and supporting a family, andI feel like were total opposites. Like werushed into this. I like to party, I like to have fun, and I probably have like a billion boyfriends at the moment. You always seem so serious.
    Opposites attract. It was meant to be funny, but Rivers tone was full of sarcasm.
    I dont want you to be unhappy. And I know that you will be with me. Im sorry, River, Kina whispered.
    Sothe engagements off?
    No, no! I justwant us to go more slowly, alright? I need to break it off with Goopy, Brandon, Abhijeet, Robert
    Alright, stop! River looked half amused and half pained. Justokay. Do you want me tomove back to my place?
    Kina thought for a moment. II dont know. I dont really mind
    Okay. He looked relieved. Well, thatsthats that.
    Yeah

18. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

19. person123

6:27 PM
    Mood: Nervous
    Dear Blog,

Well, I finally decided to take some action and ask River to go downtown with me on a date. Not only is this whole thing going on confusing, but its bad forour unborn baby. Yes, Im pregnant. I started throwing up a few days ago, so I took the test, and it came out positive. Will anything ever get better between us?

Date between Kina and River

Um, I made a reservation earlier for Kina Ailani. Kina shuffled her feet nervously, stealing a glance at River. He was standing there awkwardly, looking anywhere but at her. She sighed inwardly and rearranged the folds of her dress, smoothing it out and brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.
    Follow me, the maitre d led them to a table covered in a lovely white cloth.
    Kina went to sit down, but River had pulled out her chair and they bumped heads.
    Oh, Im sorry! Kina glanced at him again, and his cheeks were flaming, his eyes on the floor again. She sat down and sent him another apologetic glance before taking the menu in her hands, her eyebrows shooting up at the prices.
    So, umRiver.
    Yes? This time he sounded tired and almost exasperated.
    II wanted to knowwhats wrong. What happened? Why are you acting like this? Itd been hard to start, but once shed started the questions came shooting out. What is going on?
    His face exploded in rage, but his voice remained low. I cant believe youre asking me! You ruined everything! Oh, Im not ready for any commitment whatsoever, River; I dont want to be engaged anymore!
    I did not say that! I just wasnt
    Ready, right? Youre not ready. I get it! Why dont we just call the engagement off?!
    Because Im pregnant!
    Rivers face turned white, despite his dark skin tone. Youre what? Now his voice was filled with fear.
    Im pregnant! Now lets see who cant commit!
    Suddenly the waiter was here, and River tried to calm down, rubbing his face with his hands. Ill take the sauted pork chops.
    And Ill have the grilled ribs in lemon sauce.
    Alright, Ill be back with your meals in just a moment, the waiter glided away, and River turned to Kina again.
    How long?
    Kina sighed. Three weeks.
    Rivers face fell. You meanthat, that first time?
    Yes.
    We cant call the engagement off.
    Kina glared at him. So youre just going to marry me because Im pregnant?
    No, actually I think its the other way around! Besides, I thoughtI thought you loved me.
    I do! Okay, lets continue this conversation at home. You promise that youre not going to just blow me off?
    River sighed. I promise.

20. surprised_by_witches

Oh, my. This doesn't bode well for our heroine ... pregnancy and a marriage she isn't sure she wants!

Good story so far. She's very cute and appealing. I love how she admitted she had all those boyfriends before him ... and how well he took it.

I'd say he's a pretty good catch. ;)

Pictures, please!