Troubleshooting Launch problem

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by cmn, Nov 28, 2009.

1. cmn

cmn New Member

Launch problem

Hello everyone,

I recently installed the Sims 3 Expansion Pack but I seem to be having some launch problems. I read through some of the other threads and I was hoping you could give me help the way you have with the others. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have the DXDiag attached so hopefully that will help. I noticed that alot of people are having a similar problem, but since i'm not really great with computers I though I would ask here.

Thank you for any help and I look forward to interacting with what seems to be a really nice community.

Attached Files:

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Welcome to UOEM! What launch problem are you having? An error or nothing coming up at all?

3. cmn

cmn New Member

whoops! I guess I didn't give my problem, ha!

When I click to start playing the game my screen goes completely blank and I can't do anything with the computer. I have to hit the power switch to turn it off to restart it.

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Remove any mods that are in your game first. They should be located in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.

In My Docs\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ delete all the *cache.package files (there should be 4).

Open "Options.ini" (use notepad) in the same folder and look for the line "resolution = 1920 1080 0" (the numbers might be different) change it so it says "resolution = 1680 1050 0" without the quotation marks.

Start the game and hope something made it work. :p