Legacy Challenge stories

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Zootyzoot, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Awww, shucks! (blushes) Glad I could do it. :)

I put mine in the one I play all the time. That way they get a better opportunity to make friends with all the other Sims I created. It's just the control freak in me coming out, I guess.

I see I haven't updated you in a little while. When we last left the Legacy Family, Lilith was getting on, Sarah had married Leo the Gardener, and Rachel was making "friends" with her Mom's live in boyfriend Vince Walters the Headmaster. (Anyone else hear "Don't Stand So Close To Me" in their heads when I say that? Or is it just me? LOL) And Noah was a happy blonde-headed boy. When I get a chance this evening I'll post some more screenshots.

Rachel transitioned to adult and instead of finding work she spent her time ronancing deadbeat Vince. They had hours of fun in the hot tub with Lilith was out working hard. Finally, they got married, and Vince got a job as a politician. They now live in an entirely diffrent house, with their children Delilah and Jacob. Rachel has lost some of her sparks with Vince now that he too is an elder. She now has several boyfriends, namely John (the sim based on my husband, the cad!) and Luke Hicks.

Sarah's medical career is going well. (she's a knowledge sim). She is now an elder and a widow since Leo died in that horrible drowning accident. They only had one child, daughter Mary. Mary is a very pretty girl. Mary is a popularity sim and spends a lot of time visiting cousin Delilah. She has a boyfriend also, but not a NPC or a Townie. His name is Nickoli Vocklonovitch, the eldest son of my Russian family. Not sure what to do about that yet. I may allow her to marry him and then focus on Noah's children to cary on the Legacy.

Speaking of Noah, he grew up to be a family sim. He married firefighter Maura, a pretty red-head. He followed father Remington's footsteps and is working in the culinary field. Maura is an athelete. She had most of her skills maxed out!! So, if you are playing and are looking for a Sim to marry, she is a good one. They just had a daughter, Naomi.

I'm running out of girl's biblical names, and I'm only up to the 4th generation!!! The only ones I can think of now are names like Bathsheba, Ruth, and Esther!! Help!!!

2. darkstormyeve

darkstormyeve New Member

Kristalrose,

Thanks for the update! I am really enjoying reading everyone's legacy challenge stories.

I started my own last night for the first time. Eve is her name (it seemed appropriate) and she has just asked Joe Carr to move in. He seems the best looking guy but I will play again tonight and get him to loose his Elvis hair. I didn't realise that he is a surgeon. Awesome! This is my first time playing without a money cheat so I'm doing thing tough. Eve is a knowledge sim and has just started a science career. I wanted her in medicine but alas she has to find a job ASAP and science was the only one going in the paper that day.

It has been hard trying to keep her happy, get some money to buy a bookshelf etc and romance a sim so that you can marry and breed before eldership approaches. I'm feeling a little rushed. Eve and Jos hadn't even woo hooed until he moved in. Now I don't know about her falling pregnant. Should we save some more money to build the extension to the house? But time is running out. Maybe Eve and Joe will only end up with one kid but be financially stable? Will this effect my legacy? Ahhhh...decisions decisions.

I bascially built a box for Eve with no floor, and ugly uncomfortable single bed and all the basics for kitchen and bathroom appliances. No wallpaper and no siding. Just one cheap blue entrance door. Hopefully things will start to look up with Joe's surgeon salary. $930 a day I think and Eve earns $380 per day. But if she has a baby, I want her to stay home. So all home improvements may have to be done while they are both working. Sounds like real life eh?

I have never posted pics before but I will have a play around tonight if people are interested in Eve's life.

Kristalrose, I keep a baby name book and the telephone directly next to the computer as I can never think of names for my sims.

Oh yeah, I also had two fires when Eve first started cooking but alas, it was Maura. No spunky fireman guy. Bugger. It seems all the male townie and Npc's are ugly. Anyone recommend any good ones?

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Some pictures of my Legacy Sims

[​IMG]

Eve Legacy stands in front of her tiny shack.

[​IMG]

Lilith Legacy the day before she went to Paradise.

[​IMG]

Wedding of Sarah Legacy and Leo the Gardener. The wedding took place beside the pool where Leo later drowned. Rachel is the teenager in the cheerleading uniform.

[​IMG]

Sarah Legacy takes a drink to steady her nerves after Leo dies. Daughter Mary mourns in the background.

[​IMG]

Vince celebrating daughter Delilah's birthday.

4. darkstormyeve

darkstormyeve New Member

Looks good Kristalrose!

Eve Legacy's house looks simialr to my curent shack, bar the toilet stall. I didnt think of that. Anyways, my sim can't afford to feed visitors so stuff it if they can't use the bathroom in privacy. But now that she has married Joe, this will change. I will post my pics tomorrow if I get time to play tonight. Toddler and husband take up alot of my time in the evening.

5. darkstormyeve

darkstormyeve New Member

Hi Guys!

I have started playing the Legacy challenge and even though I am not scoring, I am still playing by the rules.

For those of you playing, here's a little thing I have done but maybe you're doing it too.

I had my sim marry Lee the elder "repairman". He is old and with my sim I kept her youth with the elixir of life. Working him hard with lots of woo hooing and fixing stuff around the house, plus making him take a job really wore him out! He only lived nine sim days and then...bang! He died naturally and left my sim $30,000. Meanwhile she was bonking Amin Sims on the side, had his baby too which Lee thought was his (geez I'm mean) but thems the breaks!

So heartless simmers. Marry the elder NPC's, ride em hard then get the inheritance.

I also have found that townies are useless. They never have money or lots of skills. The NPC's however have lots of skills and are pretty se'f sufficient when they move in.

6. Faktririjekt

Faktririjekt New Member

Question:

Do the children of the original Sim have to marry townies and NPCs, or do they get free choosing?

Family Name: (Can't Disclose 'Cause It's Mine)
    1st Generation: Stefani (Me), a Family Sim
    Married: Unmarried. I've found a semi-decent-looking candidate, though
    Children: None, obviously! :p

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I believe, though I could be wrong, that the sims you plan on keeping on the lot must marry a townie or NPC. If you plan on letting them leave the lot and live out their little lives elsewhere, then they can marry whoever they want.

I have a sim, Mary, who is a teenager and has fallen in love with one of my in-game born sims, Nickoli. The two are going steady and totally happy. The only problem with this is that Mary was the Sim I was planning on continuing the "Legacy" with. So, I'm having a delimia: Let her marry Nick, or find her a new man. She is good friends with Mitch the fireman, so it's possible to hook them up. Or, I could wait until S2U comes out and let her fall in love with some boy on campus. (I wonder how S2U will change Legacy play?)

8. Faktririjekt

Faktririjekt New Member

kk...well...is she right? :confused:

Edit:

Family Name: (Can't Disclose 'Cause It's Mine)
    1st Generation: Stefani (Me), a Family Sim
    Married: Sheldon Hanby, mailman
    Children: None Yet...

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Sparrow family legacy

My family story continues :)

2nd generation: Marlon and Andrea married and now have three kids! Kiara, Alison and Neala. Alison and Neala are twins.

Also 2nd generation: Wynter fell hard for Dagmar, a blond mailwoman, and married her. She really didn't want to be married and have children (Romance aspirations) but couldn't resist either Wynter's good looks or the big, big house he lives in. She's not been a very loyal wife, flirting heavily with the maid, Remington, and various house guests.

Wynter's brother Marlon caught her in the act of kissing the maid and yelled at her but she just ignored him.

Wynter and Dagmar have one child, Sybil.

1st generation Duke and Andrea died at the same time, at 76. They now haunt the grounds and the house, frequently jumping out at their children and grandchildren, scaring them terribly. What a way for grandparents to behave!

I have eight people in the house now, Marlon with his wife and three kids, Wynter with his wife and one daughter. (Brother, it was chaos when the twins and Sybil were infants and toddlers all at the same time. I thought I'd lose my mind.)

I don't really know which of the four girls who make up the 3rd generation will stay to continue the legacy.

I'm going to try to attach pictures. :p Three babies, Kiara as a toddler, the ghost of grandma scaring Kiara.

10. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

OMG. I LOVE your house desighn! I always do same old same old yours is so lovely!

11. Faktririjekt

Faktririjekt New Member

LOL, well, I've finally got to the 2nd Generation. Sheldon and I had a daughter, named Charlotte Stephani (I wanted her to be one of those rare girls who are named after their mothers). She's kinda' unsightly 'cause she's got a really fat face and little beady eyes like her dad, but...otherwise...she's okay. Her little brother and/or sister is due any time now, unfortunately and unfortunately for me, and fortunately and unfortunately for the Sim-me (She both wants a baby and FEARS getting a baby...hmmm...ah, well...I always knew I was insane...)

Problem for the REAL me is...I don't have money for so much as a single crib. Me, my hubby, and my daughter are living on $3,000-something Simoleons. Who knew you could hate vacation days?

Thanks to getting sick and having the two kids, she's got about 6 days off of work. That's 6 days that only the dad goes to work, and he gets paid, what, $100 or $200-something a day? NOT enough.

My tally chart's looking pretty pathetic right now, I've got 6 points total. But, ah well...I'm nowhere near Generation 10. So I'm good.

12. aharris

aharris New Member

Good news for then. The vacation days mean that you will still get paid even if you don't go to work. If you watch, whent he game notifies you that you have used a vacation day, a white number for the amount of your salary will appear above the head of the one taking vacation and also added to your household account.

13. Faktririjekt

Faktririjekt New Member

Well, I didn't have to, luckily. As soon as the new baby, Ariel, grew up to a toddler, my Simself got to go back to work! Yayness! :D :p

14. the_bass

the_bass New Member

I'm going to start mine tomorrow night :D I so can't wait, I have the rules printed out and everything :rolleyes:

15. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Where could I find a page with the Official rules for a legacy. So that I could print it out?

16. Faktririjekt

Faktririjekt New Member

yeah, yeah, I want one too! Please? Somebody?

17. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Ok first. You can find the Official rules at http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=263244

Today I started my very own Legacy Family. Peg Pennington started out with VERY little. single bed,bathroom,table,couch,cooktop thingy and a fridge. since the lot was a 5x5 we had very little leftover cash. My sim Peg got a job as security officer and has just got wed to Anthony:bored: He only had 4,000$ to add to the family bank! I never thought a Legacy would be soooo hard. Newest update soooon.

18. Faktririjekt

Faktririjekt New Member

you married...your first generation sim...to another guy? :ermm:

19. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

duh.... You start off with ONE sim by itself! How can you have kids without getting married?! Plus she got divorced cause she hated him and is currently dating somone new.

20. Faktririjekt

Faktririjekt New Member

ohhh...I thought your original Sim was a guy. Sozsoz...lol :D :p :rolleyes: