Let's Get Nice And Close

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Mirelly, Jan 31, 2006.

1. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Yes - me too please, if it isn't too much to ask. Also the eyes? They sound fab.

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

3. surprised_by_witches

Hey, Lynet, just for you and back on topic ... I think I know who Antonio's birth family is ... the Sparrows!

Take a gander at that schnozz. Enough to do George proud.

Attached Files:

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

That beak would make any Sparrow proud. :D I think he's related.

5. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

I actually found the default skin and eyes myself on MST2. I used her default skin 11.11 collection and default eyes from her newest 1/30 collection.

They are really good! Now some of the townies/downties/dormies look stunning. I didn't think that could be possible!

Only thing is, the default dark doesn't look to good on the males (teen and YA) for some reason. It looks great on most of the females but it makes the younger males look like they have some sort of skin rash.

6. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

He must have to beat them off with a stick...

handsome young sim.

7. surprised_by_witches

Um, don't you mean, beat them with a stick?

Or maybe you don't know Pescado yet. :p

8. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

I'm assuming she does mean beat them off with a stick, speaking on his grandson is probably swarmed by women because he is just so gosh darn attractive that he has to "beat them off with a stick." Right Kimblee?

9. surprised_by_witches

Um, Shana, that was a joke.

You know, cuz that's what Pescado would do ... :rolleyes:

10. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I'm sorry that it took me so long to respond, gals. :( New job and houseguests and PTA meetings keep getting in the way. :rolleyes: Anyway, the reason I PM'ed the skins were because they were lifelike, and I didn't know that Heleane had created some that were more "Jack Thompson Friendly".

11. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Oh yeah, him. I forgot all about him.

12. surprised_by_witches

Sigh. I don't know that they are, so I'll remove the skins link.

I didn't download them, myself, since someone said some of them look funny ...

13. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Sorry, hon. I don't mean to be a stick in the mud.

14. surprised_by_witches

Oh, you're not. I'm just not usually in the habit of screening myself.

Now that I'm a mod I know I've got to do that.

So I did.

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I'm not posting any links, but would a couple of pictures be OK? It's mainly for the eyes. I snapped pictures of Remington, Derek (paperboy), Whalen (repairman) and Jan Tellerman. It is remarkable what a change to the default eyes will do. Although Jan looks like she's got an eye infection.

Yes, I also changed the default skintone as well but I've no idea how 'accurate' it is. Nor do I know yet how darker skintones look because these four sims were the only ones who happened to be around to have their pictures taken while I was there.

16. person123

The only thing that held me back from using Helaene's default skins was that, you know, all of my old sims (including River and Kina's entire family) would have the regular skins. But I guess I'll try out the default thing. You can take it out if you don't like it, right? Like..just remove the file from your Downloads folder?

17. Lynet

Lynet New Member

That's my understanding from where I got it, which shall remain nameless.

18. person123

Is it ok if I ask: Which default ones did you download? When I searched on the Site That Shall Remain Anonymous, I got two hits that said Helaene Default Replacements. One said the 1111 skintones, and another said that it included Helaene's older skintones, labeled the 705's, and the newer ones, labeled the 805's.

19. Lynet

Lynet New Member

The 805s I think. I just went into the Content Manager. Curiously, I didn't see any darker skintones. Wonder if I missed that somehow. Guess I'll go have to check out my old friend Amin Sims pretty soon. :cool:

20. person123

Well, now I have to ask: which eye replacements should I download?