Let's Get Nice And Close

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Mirelly, Jan 31, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I thought it was the 1111's, not the others. I got the impression that those were the newest.

I'll try to hunt around for those eyes, 123. Having seen Lynet's pictures I know I just gotta have 'em.

2. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Well, I downloaded the 805s and I find I like them better than what I've seen of the 1111s. The 1111s seem to have overly large under eyelids...

Also, I don't really like the sparkling eyes of Helaene's. They rather look like you stuck a couple of marbles in the sims' eye sockets...and I've just thoroughly grossed myself out. I like the other ones better, but it seems the sparkling ones are most popular and they're the only ones offered as a default replacement.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

That can look good on certain types of faces. Other faces, doesn't look good at all. Therefore, not good for default -- those heavy under the eye bags (oops, I mean lids.)

4. PlayLives

PlayLives Member

5. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

Yes, i meant it like Jupiter says...

but now I have really sick images... :eek:

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

After looking at Lynet's pics I've started wishing we could also have some replacement for those gruesome default "cornrow" eyebrows :(

Also I started wondering how Derek would look all grown up .. :eek:

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

You know what? I think I made a boo-boo. I don't even have Heleane's default replacement skins!!! Mine are also from MTS2, but someone else made them.

Also, Lynet, Remington actually looks hot. You made him look hot. Isn't that a scary thing? ;)

8. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

I'm late to this thread, but I'll share my weird sim nose example...

The first 2 pictures are of Alonso as a teenager. Cute kid, nice normal nose. His girlfriend (2nd picture) is another story, but I'm hoping she looks better when she grows up!

Third picture is Alonso as a young adult. What the heck happened to his nose?? He grew a potato on his face!

Attached Files:

9. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Gives him character. :D

10. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Speaking of skins as we are. I downloaded skeleton skins and they are very curious skins to play with, since you have to piece the character together from different parts. It requires both the skeleton 'skin' and the 'skeleton' outfit in clothes. To look like a skeleton they have to wear the 'skeleton' clothing. They look quite creepy wearing anything else. Too hard to explain right now but in order to change the nature of the 3 skeletons I have on Errol and Harcourts lot I put clothes on them which made their heads invisible :)D ) then hair and full face makeup. Without the hair and makeup they'd have no heads at all. (There's a 'Sleepy Hollow' look for you!) For 2 of them I used 'robot' eyes instead of the 'skeleton' empty socket eyes.

Putting the full face makeup on them reminded me of what the random sim looked like that I had used to make the skeleton. :cool:

Anyhow, just a couple of pictures before I go back out to help poor hubby shovel snow. :rolleyes:

11. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Oh, Gosh, the snow. My mom made me go out to take the snow off the cars, and a whole bunch of snow went down my boots, and now my calves are NUMB. At least now I'm snuggling up with a warm blanket and a steaming cup of hot cocoa...but that won't last for long. Way too much homework.

12. Chee-Z

Chee-Z The Go-Kart Mozart

The snow's been pitiful here. So much for having a break tomorrow *crosses fingers anyway* ;)

13. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Back to skintone talk. I checked in on Errols simnificant other, Kate, to see how she looked with the new skin and eye downloads. Not like herself but still pretty, I think.

Makeup and hair have changed a little because in the first picture she's a townie Errol had just met. In the second she's moved in and engaged to him. I've noticed that I'm much more conservative with makeup than anyone else around here. I make a slight effort to move away from the 'natural' look but I know it's a VERY slight effort. :eek:

I was in college in the late sixties--uh, hippies and all that -- and although I didn't go to Woodstock and have the wild adventure of some of my classmates, I did go for the no makeup and earthtones sort of thing. I haven't changed much, either.

14. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

She's lovely.

I downloaded Enlaya's default skins but wasn't entirely happy with them. They made everyone look like they were wearing a white mask around their eyes, and the boys looked girly ... I'm going to try Helaene's later today.

I did the eyes, though. You might notice in the last set of pictures that Waverly has them now. Fenris already had custom eyes. Don't know if you can see anyone else's that well.