How Do I Lifelong Goals...??

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by spaceflower, Apr 17, 2007.

1. spaceflower

spaceflower New Member

Lifelong Goals...??

IN Sims 2, my sim's lifelong goal was to have 20 simultaneous lovers. This required that she be in love with 20 people at the same time and that her lifelong relationship with each of those lovers be above 70.

I accomplished that, but her aspirations meter didn't go to platinum and STAY THERE, like it said it would.

what did i do wrong?lol;/

2. spaceflower

spaceflower New Member

yeaaaaa, any help would be appreciated.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I doubt you did anything wrong. The code for some of the more crazy LTWs (LifeTime Wants) is not very good. There are those who suggest that Maxis didn't expect any players to attempt to achieve them so didn't bother testing their code as thoroughly as they might.

Unfortunately this can't be fixed after the event. Does the sims have a memory of 20 loves? If not you might get lucky with adding a 21st lover and see if that rolls over the LTW. Or did you get a platinum mood condition that just faded away rather than remain permanent?

4. spaceflower

spaceflower New Member

thanks for responding:)
    Yes, I checked, counted, and re-counted to make sure it was 20, but then I did 21 just in case, lol.
    It didn't even go platinum temporarily.

I wish I could change her romance aspiration to family.
    family is so much easier, lol.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

If you want to change her aspiration this is easy enough. Post again saying what expansion packs you have (if any), because there are various options, some easier than others.

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Mirelly's right, LTW's are a bit hinky. I had a sim who wanted to graduate 3 kids from college achieve permaplat after the second one graduated.

So she had the third kid for nothing. :rolleyes:

7. spaceflower

spaceflower New Member

i have sims 2, sims 2 pets, and sims seasons

8. surprised_by_witches

I just thought of something. Did the game say, Congratulations, you've achieved your lifetime want, blah blah blah?

If not, it means the game doesn't think your sim has 20 lovers. The game can't count. I have this problem all the time. My sims supposedly have only 5 friends when I can clearly count 7, that kind of thing.

The friend counter thingie is all wonky. My three year old niece counts better than it does.

So, if you didn't get the notice that you had achieved permanent platinum, that just means you need to snag another lover or two until the game thinks you have enough.

Annoying, but that could be all it is.

9. spaceflower

spaceflower New Member

lol, that's ridiculous.

i guess i'll try that. thanks.

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Further to the above, I've more tales concerning the hinky nature of the game's ability to count events. Apparently the woohoo countage for romance sims LTWs can be "cheated" because it counts a public woohoo as a separate sim ... so, in theory, you could get a sim up to woohooing with 20 sims by just having ten partners, once each in private and then again once each in a changing or photo booth. Hey! I guess there's a kinda logic to that one, only one that is probably best not discussed here.

Actually thinking aloud ... nah, I'd have to ban myself. *Duct-tapes lips closed* :eek:

11. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

ive noticed that the game cant count friends properly its really annoying when im trying to promote my sim and i just need one more sim and when i get it the game doesnt count it

12. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

That would have made me angry as well. I dont think you did anything wrong. Most likely the game didnt register that you meet the requirement. That sucks.

13. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Are you sure they are unique friends? Like if there are 2 people in the household, and they are both friends with the same person, that doesn't count as 2 friends, but only 1 friend.

14. surprised_by_witches

I didn't realize that. That would explain a few things. However, different people in the same household can have different levels of influence, which doesn't make sense if all friends are shared.

I had a sim achieve a permaplat want of 20 woohoo with only 12 partners, due to the public/private counting as 2 thing. (He could have had 10 but some of them got mad at him, go figure.) He achieved it before graduating from college, which is very helpful since he owns a business now. He just keeps the energizer in a back room, and he can go all day. Sometimes more than one in a row.

15. spaceflower

spaceflower New Member

shes the only person in the house:(

16. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

is that what it means when it says such a such is no longer a family friend and if one of them get it back up to friend status it automatically does the other one. sometimes it just says such a such is no longer a friend of the sim in the household

17. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

18. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

There is a cheat that locks your aspirations but I'm not sure if you have to have a sertain Ex. pack for that but it's worth a try.

First, if you want to make your Aspiration Meter go up use the aspirationLevel 0-5 (5 is in the white but it doesn't go all the way up). If you use this cheat the meter doesn't stay the level that you have chosen for ever. The cheat to do that is lockAspiration on/off (I'm not sure if this locks everybody in your familys' aspirations or not so be wary with this cheat) but I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works. The lock aspiration cheat, I mean.

Hope this helps a bit :classic:

19. MegRen

MegRen New Member

But what does that have to do with fixing a LTW that was fulfilled but not recognized as being fulfilled? If it's a legacy sim, the person can't use cheats like this.