How Do I lightning

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by krazzy kezzy, May 7, 2007.

?

How do you spell it?

1. Lightning

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Lightening

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. I didn't know I had a choice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Both ways cos I'm a Bohemian rebel/fence sitter/doofus

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. Believe me, spelling doesn't matter after you've been hit. Yowch! It stings, mama! :eek:

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. I can't spell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Thats better than litnin:) New Zealand

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Oh nobody's choosing the "Yowch Mama" one in the poll. TRAITORS!! :weeping:
    Just jokin' aryte? *cough* :liar: <-- Look at that nose grow!

Wow, Moony, that's so cool! After that I don't blame you for not wanting to be outside when it's storming! But then again, I think very few people do. Apart from those nutters that think "oh look a storm! Lets go outside with an umbrella and try to get struck by lighning!" - of course. :rolleyes:

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I'm with odin. I was unlocking a steel gate with spikes on the top during a thunderstorm (to get my car out to go to work. Nothing else would have driven me out in that!) Suddenly I felt my hair prickling, like it was trying to take off under my hood. I got in the car right quick, and drove away like a bat out of hell. When I got home a tree less than 50 yards away bore new, livid burn scar down its trunk. Guess the lightning didn't like my gate after all, but I'm staying indoors from now on.

4. muffin-tacos

"Like a bat out of hell" *LOL*
    Scary story you got there, Mirelly! I would have probably died of fright if that happened to me! Seriously. How scary coming back home when there's a tree with a burn scar down its trunk because of the lightning! :scared:

I know! Lets all share scary lightning stories! *sets up a campfire* Gather round the fire my friends but watch out for the lightning! :biggrin:

5. Odinmoon

Like Mirelly. The tree next to the power box got fried. However there was no flame. Just a black tree. I also got a mild case of sunburn. Just before it happened everything went silent. So I stopped walking.I started to feel like something was going to happen. Had I kept walking the direction I was going, I may have been hit. All the air conditioners in the local shops got blown out. And the power was cut to the whole suburb.
    Its also dangerous to have showers or baths during lightning, or even doing the dishes. So I just turn everything off. and sit in the lounge room until its over.:eek:

Regards Moon

6. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Just wanted to say that I've had storms during both Summer and Autumn, so Spring isn't the only season to experience storms and lightning. I never would have thought about it really except while I was playing my latest Sim (well, actually she's old...she's Circe Beaker, but I haven't played her in ages) there was the biggest storm I've ever seen in the game and there was HEAPS of lightning...and this was in the middle of Summer. I'm still amazed at how loud the thunder claps were. :D:D It was wonderful.

Cass.

7. muffin-tacos

I'm confused. Is this in sims or in real life? :listen: :eyepopping:

8. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

hence, "well I was playing my favorite sim, Circe Beaker,"

Technically since she said playing my favorite sim, that can mean one of 2 things.

1. She was acting in a play, and was assuming the role of her favorite sim, Circe Beaker.

2. Now, this one's a tad bit more logical, she also couldve been playing this game called "The Sims 2" and was controlling one of the inhabitants of the game, formerly called "Circe Beaker"

Now, im, not positive on which one she meant, the former or the latter, as they are both completely logical and should be handled with tender care while reading.

9. vankate

vankate New Member

Jenn's question

Pardon the lateness in this reply, but I didn't notice an answer to it, so I figure I'd tell you that the lightning bolts can randomly strike at things in the yard (like trees) and set fire to them. The buy and build modes are disabled just like in emergencies, such as a robber.

But, usually, these instances happen during thunderstorms, and the rain automatically puts out the fire for you, hence the buy and build modes coming back and ending the crisis. If this happens, you don't need the firemen, or they just get irritated that there is no fire.

However, only once in game I did actually have a lightning hit RIGHT at the end of a storm, and the rain stopped, but my tree kept burning! Luckily it was far enough from the house, and it just burned on grass. It also had a weird period where it looked like it went out, and my buy mode came back, and then it restarted, but the buy mode stayed in tact, so I called the nice firemen and they came running.

:D

10. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

:rotfl::yes:

It was in the game. I put one of those lightning sticks in the yard, because she had quite a few trees and I'd heard they can get struck by lightning, and it was wonderful to see it get hit over and over again. :D I'm looking forward to more storms in the game now. I've never seen one that big...I hope there are more.

Cass.

11. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

im not scared of lightning at all i went swimming in an outside pool during thunder and lightning in italy and wen it starts raining its so fun and the water is so warm but i thought i might get out wen the lightning got closer and closer my dog however is so afraid he hides round the back of the sofa and he starts shakin n cryin bless his lil heart

12. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

Easy way to fix that is desensitization. Just buy a storm CD from a new age store (or I'm sure music stores have them too) and play it every day for a short period of time. Start at low volume and gradually, over a period of weeks, turn the volume up and keep it running longer.
    While you're doing this make sure everyone in the house is acting normal and happy. Do NOT comfort the dog, dogs don't understand 'comfort' they see it as praise...like you're saying to him "Yes, you should be afraid, good boy". The more you play the CD and ignore him, while acting happy and comfortable and normal. The less frightened he'll be. Reward him when he relaxes by paying attention to him, but ignore him again if he starts to whine and be afraid. :) It takes time and patience, but you can help him.

Sorry to hijack the thread. I'm a mad obsessed dog person. I can't help myself. :eek:

Cass.

13. Odinmoon

LOL your dog is smart.:)

If you are swimming in a lightning storm I wish you luck. Water is a good conductor for Electricity. The lightning can hit the water. But if you are swimming, you are the highest object. So its more likely to hit you. In Australia, lots of people get hit. Maybe its because we have a pretty flat country. lol. I dont tempt fate. lol:D

14. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I agree with Odin. It's extremely dangerous to be around water when there is a thunderstorm.

It has nothing to do with being frightened of the noise and the storm. It's just common sense. Your dog is a smart pooch to hide.

15. muffin-tacos

Heh, yupp I love going swimming when it's raining. It's so pretty and the water feels really warm. (I'm talking about it being summer right now obviously. :silly:)

You remind me of one of my best friends, Cass. She's a "mad obsessed fdog person" as well. When I read your post it was like that was coming out of her mouth as well as yours! Heh, kinda scary! She would have said the same thing herself probably. :rolleyes:

16. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

i am a mad dog lover to there so faithful and i know water is a massive conducter and i should really get out when its raining but im slightly mental, thanks for the tip cassapeia but my dog is so dumb itd porbably take ages to train him and plus we dont really get it that often were i live.

17. muffin-tacos

Join the club. :fluffy::ducks::biggrin:

18. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Or you could just play The Sims 2 + Seasons a lot and make sure li'l poochie is in the same room and that you have volume well turned up. It always makes me jump half outa my skin when the lightning and thunder starts up in the game ... :rolleyes:

19. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

You swim when it's lightning?? If your pool has metal sides...well, I'll just say I'd rather not drown in my pool. Lightning can strike from miles away, so you don't really know "when it gets closer". Well, you KNOW, you can see it, but that doesn't mean that if it's far away it won't hit. I always get out at the first signs of lightning, even if it's farther away. I'd rather live...

Our dog gets nervous during storms. I'll have to try that....

20. Odinmoon

Good answer Fuzzy.
    You know the one that hits you is the one you don't see.lol