Looking for feedback on two new movies.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by TheSidDog, Jan 21, 2005.

1. TheSidDog

TheSidDog New Member

Looking for feedback on two new movies.

Hi,

I just uploaded a couple of new movie at TheSims2.com I'm looking for some feedback on them, and since it seems hard to get any over there :rolleyes:, I thought I'd ask here.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif] Check out my "New Beginnings" contest entry "Evolution" here: [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]
    [/font]http://www.thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=1413
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]
    Enjoy this movie as it shows you the evolution of the Sim and "Plumb-Bob." Experience the many new beginnings of evolution, as you watch from the time Sims were nothing more than "Plumb-Bob" shaped germs floating in an ancient sea. Watch with excitement as those germs evolve into Sim dinosaurs, complete with primitive "Plumb-Bobs" on their heads! Then after that, see the modern Sim go about its daily business in all of its "intelligent" glory. This movie is part contest entry, part tech demo and part tribute to the old Maxis game "SimEarth." I think you'll enjoy the animations I put into it, especially the humorous looking dinosaurs in the middle of the film! All this animation was done using a freeware program known as "JPG Video" that I found via google. And any movie themed around "New Beginnings" isn't complete without a new opening logo. Check out the new opening intro that will be part of every movie I make in 2005 - A new beginning to my movies for the new year.
    [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Then after that, be sure to watch the chilling story of a deleted Sim in "Deleted"
    "Deleted" is my take on what happens to Sims (or ANY other gaming character) when you delete them from your game. After you watch this chilling movie, you may never delete another Sim (or any gaming character) again. This one is one of my favorites! Also, see if you can guess what other Sim movie that "actor" has been in.
    [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]And last, but certainly not least, I have written a tutorial explaining how to animate your movies like I did with "Evolution." Its in PDF format and is being hosted at http://www.sim-movies.com Be sure to check it out and give it a read, you may discover a new way to enhance your movies. All of the animation you saw on my movie was done using a freeware program, and this tutorial will show you how to set it up and do it too. Thanks to Baconandeggzie for hosting it! [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]So, I hope you enjoy my two movies, and that the tutorial will be of some use to you. Please give me feedback on these two new movies, I wanna know what you think. I'll reply to any questions and comments, but I'm going out of town today until Sunday, so I may not get back as quickly. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif]Peace!

~Peter "TheSidDog" :eek:
    [/font]

2. HisBeachgirl

HisBeachgirl New Member

Very imaginative! Good job!

3. Faktririjekt

Faktririjekt New Member

Well, I couldn't find "Evolution", but I think I would have really liked it, though. And "Deleted" was really good, but my favorite of your movies overall was "The Reaper". :)