SimCity 4 Mass transit

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by goldenelite0, Feb 3, 2008.

1. goldenelite0

goldenelite0 New Member

Mass transit

I really like this game but I can't seem to get the mass transit to work. What I understand is that a SIM will only take the shortest and not the quickest route. So therefore a SIM will not take steps backwards to a bus stop, he will only go to a bus stop that is imbetween his house and work.

So ok fair enough. But how come I can't get my trains to work? Heres how it looks: W=work T=train R=Residence

W
    W
    W
    TW

TR
    R
    R
    R
    R

Surely they should get on the train? Or is it perhaps because the sims living in the residence can't afford it? I know that the poor sims will take a bus rather than drive, but shouldn't it be the same with trains?

Also could I have some tips for busses and highways? Thanks so much.

2. Volchok

Volchok New Member

Maybe posting pics would help. It could be many things, such as one way roads or maybe even something as silly as you have a gap in your railway?

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

May I also recommend the Simtropolis forums in case you can't find any answers here? There seems to be wealth of info over there (not to knock this site in any way ) as I've been there a few times.