Maxis Anounces The Sims 2 !!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Simzer, May 8, 2003.

1. Simzer

Simzer New Member

Maxis Anounces The Sims 2 !!!

It was annouced today a TheSims.com:

The Sims 2 Now In Development!
    We're excited to announce that development is underway on The Sims 2, a game that will truly take you and your Sims into the next generation.

In The Sims 2, your Sims will be more lifelike, more responsive, and more complex than ever before. You'll be able to control your Sims over their entire lifetimes, taking them from their first steps to their golden years. Guide them through "Life's Big Moments" and build their "Life Score" with every decision you make. And since every Sim will have its own DNA, their appearance and personality will be passed down through the generations.

Life in The Sims 2 will take on a whole different dimension with our entirely new 3-D engine. We're also working on countless details to make your Sims' world more dynamic, such as new lighting, objects, and animations; more complex relationships; and powerful new customization controls in "Create-A-Sim."

Read more about The Sims 2 in our official press release, and stay tuned for more information.

EA Press Realease:

EA Announces Plans For The Sims 2

The next generation of the #1 PC game of all time

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 5, 2003 - Electronic Arts (Nasdaq: ERTS) today announced that The Sims 2, the next generation of the #1 PC game of all time, is in development at the company's Walnut Creek-based Maxis studio. For the first time, players control their Sims over an entire lifetime. Every choice that is made has a relevant and dramatic effect on the life of a Sim. More life-like Sims, all-new gameplay, and the ground-breaking addition of genetics, with the DNA of Sims passed down through generations gives players a more vivid, realistic, and in-depth Sims experience. All of this takes place in a new amazingly life-like 3-D world. The Sims 2 will be unveiled to industry insiders on May 13th at the Electronic Entertainment Exposition in Los Angeles and is scheduled to ship in early 2004.

"The Sims, themselves, always have been the most interesting part of the game experience for me. Giving them DNA makes them even more life-like and increases the personal connection between players and their Sims," said Will Wright, Chief Game Designer at EA's Maxis Studio, "The strategy of playing Sims across a lifetime and experiencing their emergent traits and behaviors will give players a deeper and more realistic experience."

Next Generation Simulation

Guiding your Sims through "Life's Big Moments" takes on new importance, as players now get a "Life Score" to measure how well they are playing each individual Sim. The decisions that players make throughout the lifetime of their Sims now have an impact on their long-term success or failure. A choice made as a toddler has a direct effect on the teen and adult Sim they become. Will players be able to successfully lead their Sims through such important events as a first step, first crush, or marriage proposal, all while the clock is ticking?

Next Generation Sims

The Sims in The Sims 2 are more aware and responsive to both other Sims and their surroundings. Sims truly come to life expressing moods and feelings through more realistic body animations and for the first time facial animations. They form complex relationships and are able to distinguish between family and friends, platonic friendships and romantic love. Sims in The Sims 2 now have DNA. Passing along physical characteristics and traits to their offspring, Sims both resemble and behave like their ancestors. As in real life, the appearance of the Sims now changes over time. In addition to getting older, a Sim that spends too much time on the couch will develop a paunch and a Sim that works out will enjoy rock solid abs.

Next Generation Features

An entirely new 3-D engine makes the world of The Sims 2 more life-like and dynamic. The Sims 2 will also introduce an all-new "Create-A-Sim" feature. This allows you to customize the facial features of your Sim with a few simple clicks, to a level of detail never realized before. In The Sims 2, players are now able to build dwellings over two stories and have the ability to coordinate and customize the homes of their Sims to a new degree of design with all-new furniture, lighting and objects.

The Sims franchise celebrated its third anniversary in February 2003. The game skyrocketed to the top of the charts when it began shipping to stores and quickly became a universal gaming and cultural phenomenon. The Sims base product was the #1 seller in 2000, 2001 and 2002. Translated into 17 different languages, The Sims has inspired six expansion packs, five of which have all been top sellers. They include The Sims Livin' Large, The Sims House Party, The Sims Hot Date, The Sims Vacation, The Sims Unleashed, and due out May 13, 2003, The Sims Superstar. Combined sales for the franchise have topped 24 million units life-to-date. For more information on The Sims franchise titles, visit http://www.thesims.com.

Electronic Arts (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, Electronic Arts posted revenues of more than $1.7 billion for fiscal 2002. The company develops, publishes and distributes software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS, EA GAMES, EA SPORTS BIG and EA.COMSM. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://www.info.ea.com.

Electronic Arts, EA SPORTS, EA GAMES, EA SPORTS BIG, Maxis, and The Sims are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. EA.COM is a service mark of EA.com Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

For Sims2 Screenshots and a pic of the new (and cool looking) logo, go to http://thesims.ea.com/us/index.html

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Oh my goodness.......!!!!!!!! How intriguing. How expensive?

3. Billie

Billie New Member

:) Yay! This is totally awesome....I can't wait, It will be so much fun.....
    :bunny: does a little dance :bunny:

4. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Sounds like a pretty good game.

5. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

no oscars, grammys and the musical version of chicago? then i guess it wont be better but its good enough...Im buyin it!

6. Simzer

Simzer New Member

That's in superstar, and there are throphies called Simmys your simstars can win

I can't wait for sims2, it's gonna be soo cool!

7. Blade

Blade New Member

you better have a beefy computer to play this :D

8. ApeDrape88

ApeDrape88 New Member

Guess I'd better get a new one... :(

9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

probably best to keep our computers a bit ahead of the recommended requirements from SimCity 4. i don't think that much will change in the Year 2004. (though get the AMD Opteron) ;)

10. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

I hope I wont have to upgrade. My computer doesn't support GL Open. I can't even play American Mcgee's Alice because I don't have a good graphics card and my tower doesn't have enough room to support one. I'm hoping that I can still get TheSims2 without buying a new hard drive. I'll just have to wait and see what they recommend when the game is released.

Amy

11. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

After seeing some of The Sims2's screen shots I wonder how slow my computer will run...O_o.
    But the game does look cool. To be honest it's the first one that I'm actually looking forward to. :D The DNA part sounds like a really good feature. :)
    Question: What quarter is the game going to be released, or have they said yet?

12. Amy Sims

Amy Sims New Member

Yeah, I saw some pictures of TheSims2 and the graphics look outstanding. I hope it wont cost more than a regular sims game.

Amy

13. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Who knows?!?! With inflation and everything, it may cost more :-S

14. Blade

Blade New Member

well i have an amd 2800 with 1 GB or DDR ram so i should be right :D

15. Jake

Jake New Member

the first quarter.

also, i'm posting all the links i find for info on Sims2 at http://forums.worldsims.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1278
    so you can veiw it all there :D And i'm adding a new one today :p

16. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

yea, this laptop wont handle it well...

17. Simcity freak

Simcity freak New Member

Whoooooooooo!the sims 2 looks cool.

18. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

it cost $50

19. AddictedToTS2

AddictedToTS2 New Member

well my pc is running windows xp,an amd athlon 2400+ 512mb of ddr ram, 92 ready pci, 56k fax modem, 80gb hard drive ultra ata 100, 3d s3 pro savage

20. AddictedToTS2

AddictedToTS2 New Member

do you think that can handle TS2? lol