Troubleshooting Maxis Textures Dissapearing

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Vee, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Vee

Vee New Member

Maxis Textures Dissapearing

Ok, I saw a lot of threads about missing textures and no one seemed to be having quite the same problem as me so I apologize if this is redundant...

Anyways.

I was playing the sims 2 yesterday and I had my sim go to a mirror and change her hair. Right when she was done, suddenly the grass texture on the mountains in the distance disappeared and they ended up as just large tan colored mountain shaped grids.

Any ideas why this happened. I did use a CC mirror, however I don't think this is the problem as this has never happened to me before and since I just got this computer that seems like a more likely issue.

I got this computer a week ago:
    - Windows 7
    - Intel Celeron CPU 2.20 GHz
    - 4gb RAM
    - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4 Series
    - Direct X11

If it matters:
    NL
    Pets
    Seasons
    No Stuff Packs
    [[ I have a bunch of hacks and mods BUT I have played with these hacks and mods simultaneously in my game for over a year on my old comp so I really don't think this is the issue. ]]

Hope I have provided all the necessary information. And have provided screens of dxdiag.

Thanks!
    - Vee

P.S -- Srry! Looking @ other posts and added dxdiag report. Not trying to make anyone's lives difficult. :)

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I can't remember but does Windows 7 have the Aero feature installed on it like Vista does?
    If it is enabled turn it off as you're really pushing what that the integrated chipset is having to process with Seasons installed on it.
    A Celeron cpu isn't a very good cpu at all as it's not designed for the stress of gaming.
    Considering you're stuck with an integrated chipset you really need a better cpu to back up the chipset as the cpu has to work even harder than if you had an actual video card.
    Also was it a custom hair you were changing out as those are even harder on chipsets like what you have than if it were a Maxis hair?

3. Vee

Vee New Member

Well first off, I know everyone here is hard on the celeron CPU :) but I will say for the record that my old computer had a celeron cpu at a lower ghz speed AND a lower series GMA chipset and it ran my sims 2 w/ all the same ep's installed (and I actually used that exact CC hair in the game on multiple sims in the same lot) and never ever had this issue or a problem with it.

I tried testing the game again and when the textures on the ground disappear it showing me the .bmp alpha image for a hair on the ground. I tried removing that hair and it still happens and the thing is not ALL of the hairs do this. It also showed me repeating tiles of a skin tone face blend on the ground as well.

The only thing I can see that differs here would be the Aero. I will try turning off aero for gameplay and see if that helps.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I would also turn off any background processes that might be running too.
    Things like your anti-virus, spyware detectors,firewall and internet connection will help ease the load on the cpu letting it concentrate more on the game (like it should) and not on anything else that's not really needed.