MGS, not MSG.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by OinkUsed2BABunny, Sep 26, 2003.

1. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

MGS, not MSG.

I'm surprised that no one has created a thread for Metal Gear related posts yet. :eek:

2. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I was wondering how long it would be before someone started a MGS thread. :devious:

3. OinkUsed2BABunny

The un-enlightened masses will be... well, enlightened!

Not that i've anything useful to say about MG anyway.

4. SolidSnake_19

I play the games quite a bit when I have the chance to. :p
    Watch, we'll be the only two people to talk in this thread.

5. Bookworm42

Bookworm42 Oh No! Bathtime!

LOL...just had to come in here just to make that last comment untrue...Not that I know anything about Metal Gear Solid but I am sure that it is an incredible time waster and that my children could better spend their time on schoolwork than on playing that game.... :p

6. SolidSnake_19

Bookworm is an anti-Metal Gear fanatic. Do not listen to her.

7. OinkUsed2BABunny

You Phlianthropy dog you!

I agree tho, your children could be using their time better. Like studying, helping w/ the housework, fetching firewood, writing scripts, cooking for their dad before he gets home, giving their parents regular backrubs, bring them breakfast in bed on the weekends, and working part-time instead of playing games like MGS, watching a 10hr movie trilogy, using up all the online time talking to strangers, posting on forum after forum and so on.

Correction: We'll be the only two ppl to have anything constructive to say here... unless more ppl join in, and I dont mean Book. :p

8. Bookworm42

LOL Oink...Now I'm confused about one thing...where did you get all those Wonderful ideas to keep our children amused? I will have to definitely implement the breakfast in bed thingie asap! I also love the idea of putting them to work supporting us!! Sounds like a progressive idea...of course that would give them less time to talk to you but some sacrifices need to happen for the greater good!! :p

9. SolidSnake_19

So evil Book...

I just got back from watching my brother play MGS. Not as fun as playing the game but it was the first time I've laid eyes on it for some time now (I know, forshame :cry:.)

Watching it reminds me of how much more fun it is than MGS2, to a degree. Dang that Raiden - he ruined it. :p

10. Bookworm42

Oops ... just noticed in my last post that I didn't even talk about MGS!! Meant to but got side-tracked by Oinkie...so, here is my question...In 100 words or less, what is this game about?

11. OinkUsed2BABunny

God... Darn... IT!!! Stop bashing Raiden already. I know you were just playing (I hope) but dang! Name some of the reasons here why he "ruined" the game. I'm still not convinced by the "HES VOS IZ SO WINEY!!!!11!11!!1LOL" and the "HE goT LoNG HAiRs!!!!" "arguements". I just re-played Substance yesterday and to be honest, it was the best experience I had in a long time. It's a fine game, because of its !gameplay!. Substances owns my socks, Raiden or no Raiden. If Snake moved like he did in MGS then I would have liked him more in MGS2. I'm sure my defense of Raiden will soon be struck down because of its incompetence but at least I tried.

So just to make it clear: I like Snake, and I like Raiden. I do both for different reasons. I could have been playing as Jar-Jar Binks for all I care and I still would have enjoyed the game. So to sum it all up, IMHO, MGS2: Substance (not SOL) > MGS. Just my opinions, feel free to state yours.

Oh! Lean out shots to the head w/ a Stinger also owns my pants. As does jumping guards while they're "reading", and blasting every last box, melon, potato and what not in the pantry while trying to fight off wave after wave of guards. MGS didnt have that now did it? :p

Sorry Book, post is too long already. I'm sure you could watch your children play it and get an idea of what it's all about. That is, when they're finished giving you a foot massage while vaccuuming the house and cleaning out the attic.
    :devious:

12. Bookworm42

Good plan Oink..I will have to implement that idea this afternoon after school...After they finish cleaning out their pet cages, pruning the trees in the yard, washing all outside windows (upstairs and downstairs), washing and waxing all family cars, etc. Tomorrow...hmm, looking at that list, maybe next week...I will be able to comment intelligently on MGS..... :)

13. OinkUsed2BABunny

So that's why I havent been able to talk to your "Net-Time Waster" eh?

Anyway, MGS is about this: http://www.konamijpn.com/metal_news/index_e.html

^that is about the cruddiest looking branch-site for Konami, but most of what you need to know about MGS is there. There are literally at least 6 or 7 other sites that Konami has that also talks about MGS. I have NO idea why Konami is doing that (multiple sites for just one company) but I'm not here to find out. So just go and be enlightened.
    :D

PS: Scroll all the way down to see all of the MGS titles.

14. SolidSnake_19

I've never really figured out Konami's reason for having so many Metal Gear sites... Just get one offical one and make it easier for the fans.
    I finally found the Snake Eater trailer, it only took this long. Unfortunatly the file is huge for my slow connection so it'll take a while to download... :( Great screenshots. I wonder which console version they're from..
    Any updates on when SE will be released? I've heard so many different dates I don't know which to believe. :confused:
    From all the screens I've seen on it it looks like it's going to be the best. Wonder if the crocodiles will eat Snake if they get the chance?
    Yay! :D

15. OinkUsed2BABunny

You're... kidding right? You could have asked anyone for the trailers' links. www.gametrailers.com for all your MGS or non-MGS trailer needs. No screenshots tho. :cry:

Release date for SE eh? I havent heard of a set date as of now, but in one of the trailers it's said to be "on your table 2004". *rolls eyes* Well gee, how helpful.

Oh no no no, SE is strictly for the PS2. The controls were made for the PS2 controller. At least they're saying that it's only for the PS2.

Konami doesnt just have a lot of sites for MGS, it has them for ALL its games, and adding to them are cooperate sites, a site for Konami Hawaii if i remember correctly and a coupla others. Unbelievable. Not only are there so many sites, it's a pain to find them too. I once spent a good half an hr just looking for the first SE trailer and when i got there, i found out it wasnt even out yet. Navigation is impossbile in some of Konami's sites. Do a search yourself, see how many redundant sites you can find.

16. SolidSnake_19

Good. About time PS2 has some good exclusive games, I was starting to contemplate buying a Nintendo console again. :eek: Horrors.

17. OinkUsed2BABunny

After you see TTS trailer you might rethink that. ;)

18. SolidSnake_19

Hrm... I did see The Twin Snakes trailer. It looks good and everything... but I priced out how much a GCN would cost, just buying the basics and two games, it would come to $300 give or take about $15. :( I think I'll just save up for Nintendo's next-gen when it comes out in a couple of years. No point in buying it when it's almost obsolete. I'm just hoping that they'll be smart enough to add the backwards capability that the PS2 has to the next system.

19. OinkUsed2BABunny

Thinking wishfully now, arent we?

I dunno if you're talking about Canadian dollars, or if thats in American dollars but things over there are just a bit more expensive or some other reason, but a GC only costs $99 now, and you get one free game too. I guess there are a few ways of looking at it:
    A) You've already played the first MGS inside and out, why buy a whole new system and game just to play the same game, only w/ graphical enhancements right?

or

B) Judging from what I've seen in the TTS trailer, TTS warrants a purchase of the console, all because it's simply MGS, and no other reason. And Nintendo's next-gen system wouldnt be coming out until god-knows-when, so why wait? Even if it's coming out tomorrow, would you still wanna wait for it to drop in price too, especially since you dont know if it'll be backwards compatible too?

What do you mean "almost obsolete"? It IS nearly past its prime but it's nowhere near obsoletion. If anything the PS2 is nearing its deathbed. Are you sure you're not just harboring some grudge against Nintendo and its systems? And by the way, what other game are you gonna get? I didnt know TTS came in halves :p

I would buy the GC when TTS cames out, since I've already had my eyes on a coupla others games exclusive to the GC. TTS is just the final straw. But the ol' monetary restrictions are still in place, especially since I lost my money! :angry: But yeah, I think this is enough of a post for now.

. o O (what the heck did i ramble about this time?)

20. Bookworm42

hmm...99 dollars american = 300 dollars canadian...sounds about right!! Arghh....

Save your money kiddies...it's just another moneygrab by the gaming companies...and another time-waster as well!!

Kids should be getting their exercise...cleaning yards, etc. I say!!