SimCity 4 More Dev Articles!

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by ManagerJosh, Nov 5, 2002.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

More Dev Articles!

5 New Articles have been posted from the SimCity 4 development team. Learn about region play, props, and personalizing your city.

Sims, Trains, and Automobiles
    "All of the vehicles and people that travel on land - cars, trucks, trains, buses, pedestrians, and whatever else the artists have decided to throw into the game - are called "automata" in the game engine." -- by Chuck Jordan, Programmer

I speak for the little people! Andtheir cars! Scripting Automata.
    "My job is to make 'things' happen when various special buildings are placed into the SimCity world." -- By Chris 'Wombat' Crowell - Designer & Smarty Pants

Personalization: Your City Your Way
    "...there are the profound ways in which SimCity is, and has always been, a form of personal expression and realization - ways that I hope we've greatly enhanced in SimCity 4." -- by MaxisJoseph, Game Designer

Region Play
    "Now, your neighboring cities are real cities that you can play." -- By Cricket42, Simulation Engineer

Props
    "With a huge amount of props, lots, families, buildings, in combination with the terrain tool, I hope that every single SimCity 4 game played will have a different look and feel." -- by Tom Vu, Assitant Producer

2. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

YUM!!!!! *licks her lips not to slobber down the whole place with drooling*

3. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

Designer & Smarty Pants LOL
    boy, those maxis guys crack me up.

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

:LOL: Yes. I didn't even noticed that first. I was to busy looking at the articles. :LOL:

Tey certainly know how to rise your curiosity as well. :classic:

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oh man, I'll have to go read ALL of those!!... but I'm trying to catch up on posts HERE first!! :p :whitekitty:

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Hehe Fae. I know exactly what you mean!!! :classic: Haven't had time read it all myself yet. I always get stuck here and/or at Alturas and in some IM windows. ;);)
    The young men around here certainly knows how to keep you busy.. don't they? :);) Just can't resist them... :LOL:

7. sam_lawrence

young men huh?

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Welll Sam.. Aren't you a young man??? ;) Or do you prefer the "boy" label?? :classic: ;)

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oh boy.... ;) heehee... sorry, couldn't resist.... :p

10. sam_lawrence

I dont decide the label nina, you do :p

11. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

LOL Fae!!!!! ROTFL!!!! That was a really good one!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes Sam.. For myself .. I do. But I don't see it as a label... ;):) Most of you - you're not boys anymore, you are young men. :) :p

12. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I have a tendency to refer to males and females as guys and girls, it's partly from my mother's mother talking about HER going out doing stuff with "the girls" and she meant other ladies her age... :D And the guy thing is I guess it feels more casual and normal for me to say than "men." :p

13. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

True Fae.
    Normally it is easier to say guys and girls. I do to. BUT!! how fun isn't it to use other words sometimes.. :classic: ;) :p And lately I've really come to discover a distinct difference between really boys and "young men". It's really interesting to see..... ;)

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

heh one of my best friends is freaking out watching her kid brother growing up from a boy to a young man, he's suddenly sprouted up and getting huge shoulders!! :p

15. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol. But that doesn't make him a young man.. ;) It takes much more than that I think.. :classic: I have my own little definition on a young man. :classic: ;) and Sam is certainly one of them! ;) he's a real darling. :classic:

16. sam_lawrence

*blushes*
    aaawe nina......

17. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

But you are Sam. :classic: