Troubleshooting My College Bound Teen is Gone!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by secalane, Nov 22, 2005.

1. secalane

secalane New Member

My College Bound Teen is Gone!!

What's up guys,

Here is the story. I adopted a son named Lane, he grew up. When he was a teen, he called the college and got a bunch of scholarships. So i sent him to college. I had him look in the paper or call on the phone or something and the taxi came to get him. i played with the family i designed for a while longer. Well, my Sim finally died, so i want to play with Lane right? Well i can't find him. He is not at the house anymore, he is not in the normal Sim Bin, nor is he in the "Teens available for College" Bin. I can not find me boy. Guys, help me out if you can!!

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Go into your college view of the town, check to see if he is in that sim bin. When you move them out from the house in that way they automatically go to the college view sim bin. Hope that helps!

3. secalane

secalane New Member

Thank you for the reply, i have checked in every bin in the college town that there is, but still no luck. BTW i am running Nightlife.

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Did you go to the actual college for your neighborhood and look in the bin there as opposed to looking in the files for it? The way you state it, it sounds like you were looking in the files rather than in the actual college area.

5. secalane

secalane New Member

I go into the University part of the game and click the sims ready for college i.e. Freshman, and others. He is not there. I go into another college town, like the Fiesta College, and not there either. I have looked every where. BTW, what do you mean by looking in the files?

6. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The college bins would have the same ones, so looking in multiple bins won't really help.

As to the files, that's going to your My Document or Program Files to look in the TSbins. But if you don't know how to do that, then don't worry about it. It's not going to help in this case anyway.

I'm wondering if he accidently got deleted somehow.

7. secalane

secalane New Member

When playing with his sister, he is in the phone book to call him, but he doesn't have a phone. The game recognizes that he is there but i can't find him.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

This sounds like a stuck sim situation. What has probably happened is that you college bound sim never actually left the plot, which is why he isn't anywhere findable. What did you do with his original home?

To be honest there are a number of minor glitches like this that are close to being incurable. The toddler toys are pretty annoying if there's an invisible sim stuck playing with them when you delete them ... guess that'll teach me to play with moveobjects on ....

9. secalane

secalane New Member

I adopted him, raised him and sent him off to college, and i am still playing the house he was raised in.

10. secalane

secalane New Member

I had to do that with him once: He and his mom were playing cards and got stuck, they would not move. I let their hunger, bladder go all the way down and they did not do anything. I ended up using the moveobjects cheat and deleting the card table with them in it. They popped back thru the front door when i deleted them.

11. jupitershana

Okay, I might have a solution to your problem...but it's a little risky, but it should work. okay...here goes.

Ctrl+shift+c to bring up the cheats menu...type "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true". You can do this in the neighborhood screen. Then go into any one of the dorms that is already occupied by someone, if you don't have anyone living on campus yet them move an NPC to college and move them into a dorm, exit right after, this would work best with a teen/young adult who already has a relationship with your missing teen by the way. Anyway, once in that dorm/house on campus, shift+click on your active sim. Go to spawn...then tombstone of L & D. next click on the tombstone, go to option of add neighbor, keep going until you find your sims name...Lane, right? Anyway, Lane should show up on your lot and be playable. Delete the tombstone of L&D, CTRL+shift+C to bring up the cheats menu again and type "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" to get rid of that mode, as it can cause glitches in your system.

Hope that helps you get your sim back!

12. secalane

secalane New Member

i'll give it a whirl thanks.

13. secalane

secalane New Member

Hey, it worked!!!:D

Thank You!

14. jupitershana

you're welcome! Glad it worked out for you! Scary when a sim goes missing!