My mom says she's gonna buy me the two expansion packs...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kimblee, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Reminds me of the very dim brother of a friend of mine years ago. He had his eye on a very powerful motor-cycle which he would not be legally permitted to ride as he was only 16. However he had a plan. If the thing had a side car it could be re-classified as a three-wheeler and he would be able to ride it on his license. His mother tried to shoot him down in flames by asking where the heck he expected to get a sidecar. Oh that's no problem, he laughed. I'm going to make a really cool one with a coffin (casket). Mom wasn't so easily put off though. Such items were very expensive (she'd recently buried her father so she had recent knowledge of prices) - she tried to convince him that he wouldn't be able to afford one. That was when Steve came out with his coup de grace: "No sweat, mam, I'll get a secondhand one." :eek:

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Um, where? Is he planning to add grave robbing to his resume, perchance?

Yeesh. Dumb is right.

3. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

She's pretty evil... she is a true ***** and mistreats my dad... but he could leave if he wanted to, and has made a choice of her over me... he even admitted to it.

Thankfully I live with my mom and stepdad, which is sometimes just as bad, but VERY VERY rarely... and they love me an appologize when it gets bad... so long as I appologize as well.

@Mirelly-

There are second hand coffins... or actually 'cremation' coffins which are pretty caskets you put the body in for the funeral, then reuse.

They, when re-sold, smell AWFUL like embalming fluid and other things...

But you can also buy discount coffins, which have slight problems, like a little scratch or a color inconsistancy.

4. surprised_by_witches

Heh. Have a coffin question? Ask a future funeral director. ;)

5. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Well speaking from the perspective of someone with a cousin in the funeral business you may have to deal with the living more then you realize. But I guess that would depend on the size of the funeral home and community. My cousin lives in a very small community and works at a small family run funeral home. She does everything from picking up the body to even conducting the funeral if you need her too. She literally handles the body from the time she picks it up, embalms it, dress and makeup, placing it in the coffin, helping the family with the preperations, the accounting work and, as I said, she will preach the funeral service if your pastor can't make it. This is something she has dreamed of doing all her life and she is the least morbid person you will ever meet. She looks like a little pixie! No body believes her when she says she's a funeral director and embalms bodies for a living.

If that's your dream then go for it.

Ruth

6. Kimblee

*dreamy eyes*

I;d love that... I wanna work in a small town funeral home.

wouldn't it be funny if OFB included an option to own a funeral home?

7. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

That's be nice, some serious funerary practices. Because frankly, the funerary rites of sims are disgusting. All that gathering around moaning and whining. Ugh. What happened to the proper ritual burning of the boat as the deceased is pushed out to sea at sunset, with fanfare and drinking? None of that wussy crying and moaning. Ugh.

8. surprised_by_witches

My sims don't even get together to cry and moan, although they occasionally require a shrink. How do you throw a wake?

I think there's a need for "throw party/funeral" in this game. Everyone would show up in black, and there'd be lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth, or laughing if they didn't like the person, and then a big old party with lots of juice.

Oooh, and a special video where they showed them lowering the coffin into the ground would be so cool.

Are you listening, Maxis?

9. Kimblee

Yes... and you can build charisma skills convincing the sims to buy the uber expensive, goose down lined coffin...

then mechanical skills for embalming... or maybe even body skills... moving those corpses is hard work.

10. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

"then mechanical skills for embalming... or maybe even body skills... moving those corpses is hard work."

Well after all they are dead weight. :rolleyes: :eek: Sorry I couldn't resist.

Ruth

11. Kimblee

lawls babe.

awesome pun... and kudos on using it despite tears of laughter you KNEW it would inflict.

:D