How Do I My sim 2 wont launch! Help please :(

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Nhu Nguyen, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Nhu Nguyen

Nhu Nguyen New Member

I have the sim 2 double deluxe and a few other expansion packages like season, open for business, pet, and kitchen and bath stuff. I played a lot during the summer but I haven't been playing for about 3 months now because of school. However, when I tried to put in my game DVD yesterday to play, the sim 2 just wont launch. I clicked on the icon from disc D and nothing happened. I tried several solutions like deleting my cache., move "the sim 2" folder to desktop, renamed the folder, deleted all my downloaded items, added sim 2 to my firewall, and downloaded sim 2 patches. Unfortunately, nothing helped. I'm very frustrated right now because I don't know what happened to my sim and I really don't wanna uninstall/reinstall every single one of my games unless that is the only solution. When I clicked on the icon, nothing lauched for me to click play, and when I tried to copy the shortcut and clicked on it, an error message appeared and says " unable to located the file or the file is corrupted". If anyone could help me sovle this i would really appreceate it..

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Please submit us a dxdiag from Microsoft's dxdiag program so we can see what type of computer you are running :)