Mysterious choking death

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Angelyne, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

Mysterious choking death

I finally witnessed the mysterious choking death that Maxis (apparently) refuses to acknowledge.

I was playing my regular family, the twins had just turned into adults. When I noticed the Grim Reaper!. My sim was crumpled on the ground, apparently dead. Since I had just started the game, I closed without saving and tried again. But the same thing happened, so obviously it wasn't random chance.

My female sim got out of bed put her hands around her neck like she was choking and dropped dead. All her stats were green and she wasn't sick.

I had to reload a couple of times till I managed to get her husband to plead for her life. Thankfully that worked.

Then after this episode was over, I find out she's pregnant. So that's another thing that seems to correspond to MCDS (mysterious choking death syndrome. Actually now that I think about it, it happened around the time she should have been throwing up. Could that be the association. hmmmm.

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I just had it happen recently again to me. This time it was one of my favorite teenagers, a gal I had planned on sending to college. I have no idea if she was sick or not, but her house was the one with the medical career reward that everyone says could spawn this.

So, if you have the medical career reward, delete it!! It is EEEEEEVVVVVVIIIIILLLLLL!!!!:devious:

3. SimSay

SimSay New Member

That's scary!

I haven't had that happen! Although I did have a pregnant Sim who shamefully I admit I didn't take much care of. She fainted several times during her pregnancy & also her hunger went was red for quite a while - I know I'm a bad Sim God, but I had 4 teenagers all wanting first kisses at the same time. Anywho ha! I finally got her back up to green, she gave birth & then died! I assumed the trauma she went throught during her pregnancy was too much!

But I don't think she choked to death. As I said scary!

4. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Maxis actually has acknowledged the choking death. They said it's a surprise. I think that it's really programmerspeak for "We have no idea why this happens, but it's pretty neat."

5. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

The 'ole "it's not a bug, it's a feature".

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL you old cynic, you. May I recommend chlorhexidine 1.5% w/v for the large ulcer on your tongue. You surely must have one due to all that talking with your tongue in your cheek.

I also had it happen to a pregnant sim. She was cooking breakfast in deep red hunger at the time so didn't pay it much mind. I would've plead for her life but the stove caught fire and the fireman got in the way :p

Thesims123 likes this.
  7. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

Does it only happen to female Sims? What colour are the ghosts? (Knowledge pool!) ... Actually, I think it's happened to me before, too - one of my pregnant Sims dropped dead for no apparent reason. Her hunger was quite low, I think, but not completely red. I liked her so I quit without saving :eek:.

8. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

i sent a pregnant sim down to get breakfast and she died while I was dealing with other upstairs. no warning that it was happening so there was no one to plead for her..

9. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

It can happen to non-pregnant sims also. Dirk Dreamer once dropped dead after returning from a sneak out, and there was no way in hell for him to be pregnant.

10. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

mysterious alien abduction while he snuck out?

11. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

I read reports of it happening to all sorts of different sims, male, female, teens, but pregnant female seems to be a re-occuring theme.

12. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

It happens mainly to female sims, but they do not necessarilly have to be pregnant. They are green, just as if they died of disease.

13. Thesims123

Thesims123 New Member

Wow this was such along time ago and I remember once my sim died for no reason they were happy and just went to the toilet and she ran to it but then I clicked on another sim and made her do stuff then it said that my one who ran to the toilet died. That bug was patched up in the sims 2 seasons expansion. And others after it