Name some of your most favourite things you have done.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Odinmoon, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

Name some of your most favourite things you have done.

I thought this would be interesting. :)

1. Fixed wing Gliding. Another explanation. Getting towed by a plane and released. :p
    2. Surfing.
    3. Running a farm with 3000 goats. :eek:
    4. Traveling the World.
    5. Playing Guitar and Synthesizer.
    6. Being in a Band.
    7. Documentary making in outback Australia.
    8. Acting.
    9.Climbing a mountain.
    10. Snow skiing.
    11. Water skiing.
    12 Feeding a Dolphin
    13 Swimming with crocs. :eek:
    14 Working in the mines. 2000 feet below surface.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Great Scott, Moon! I'm in awe.

My list would never equal all of that, but I'll add a couple of things that aren't anywhere near so energetic.

Family stuff:
    Held my babies in my arms. (I miss that.)
    Eloped. :D

Then there's:
    Writing stories--all of them.

Tavels:
    All my life I've wanted to travel, so I'm thrilled that I've had the opportunity to visit Egypt to see the pyramids. I've also been to London, Amsterdam, Montreal, Quebec City, San Francisco (and some other places in California.) We've made several train trips to New York City to see Broadway shows.

Job wise:
    The most fun I had was in assisting with the start up of a community bank in Maryland. I was helping a bank in formation (no customers yet) with some payroll accounting issues, when they asked me to compile a balance sheet (financial statement.) I did, and they handed it over to the banking commissioner's office, and were allowed to open their doors and start accepting customer accounts. I spent a lot of time helping with that baby bank. I felt like a midwife. :D It's all grown up now and doing well.

3. Odinmoon

Well Eloping is an adventure.:)
    And raising children is one of the best things.:)
    I didn't have kids, so it was easy for me to cram a lot in my life.
    I think what anybody does in the favorites category is good. :D

Regards Moon

4. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

You're in a band, Moon? Way cool! What kind of band? And how was it to swim with crocks? Eep. :wideeyed:

Aww, Lynet, holding your baby's in your arms. That's so sweet!

Best things I've ever done:

1. Told one of my best friends that I loved him. :eek: (though it was really, REALLY embarressing)
    2. Written down all the stories that I've come up with.
    3. Tell my family that I love them every day.
    4. Gone white water rafting.
    5. Met all my lovely friends.
    6. Made up with my (long lost?) childhood friend.
    7. Embarressed my siblings in front of their friends. :rolleyes: LOL.

And that's all that I can come up with at the mo. But I'll be back. :D

5. Odinmoon

Quote from Muffin. "You're in a band, Moon? Way cool! What kind of band? And how was it to swim with crocks? Eep". :wideeyed:

Sorry was in a band called Stoney Creek. Played a mix of Van Morrison, Bob Dylon, And many 60s songs.
    I'm Jamming with a guy now from the Lime Spiders. also have been recently asked to do a wedensday night show. Still thinking on that.:cool:.

swimming with Croc's was done way up north. it was so hot. So we had a guy on look out.:eek: Also skin diving in Croc water after fish.

6. muffin-tacos

LOL, Moon. I've said it before and I'll say it again: you're crazy. :biggrins: :biggrins: You should write a story about all your adventures and post it up in the library! Pwease, pwease, pweeeeese. :innocent: I'll read 'em. :rolleyes:

7. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL what with Moon's jet-set biography and that! The rest of us don't have a chance.

I wasn't surprised by the elopetion ( :p ) the first time I saw your new avatar I thought: 'now's there's a face that's got a stubborn set to its mouth' ... I could just hear your mental cogs crunching: who're you to tell me what I can and can't do.

Meanwhile. Apart from the usual stuff of raising brats, I also once helped deliver a baby, which was rather more fun than having them.

I also once spent an afternoon in a police cell, not voluntarity. It wasn't fun and I certainly didn't plan it (let's just say that taking revenge on an ex can sometimes backfire :rolleyes: ) ... all the same it is a deliciously wicked memory to have.

Oh and staying up all night on a school day, when I was 16 to watch Neil Armstrong get out of the Eagle was rather fun. My mum and I kept each other awake with copious cups of tea as we laughed at our wussy relatives who gave in to the need for sleep at stupid times -- like 3:45am :eek: how dumb is that? I mean 3 hours sleep isn't worth having. It just makes you more tired than not having any at all. Well that's what mum and I were still strying to say around jaw-cracking yawns at supper time. :D

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Quote from muffin-tacos:
    2. Written down all the stories that I've come up with.

I would LOVE reading them! Also moon - way adventurous life you've had! I would LOVE read a book about them too. Sounds to me that there's more fun people around here in or nearer my age....

Well. What have I been into. Just some of my best moments:
    1. Got a chat with a wild moose in my teens in the forest one day. THAT was a very special time and I loved it!
    2. The day my daughter was born. :)
    3. The day I got my first champion guinea pig (see picture)
    4. The day I decided to skip being single and accept Paul in my life.
    5. A morning ride many years ago - seeing the sun rise from the sea and the archipelago islands start to glow - from the horseback... (wonderful - but no pic as there were no mobile phones or digital cameras by those days... :p)
    6. The last day I spent with my friend!!! That's a day I will always remember and cherish in my heart.

There's probably way more, but this is what's on my mind right now.
    (And now - I'm not 100 years old - yet...:p)

9. muffin-tacos

Thank you! My newer stories are in the Library here at World Sims, so you could take a look there if you feel like it. Plus, there are lots of other really great stories there as well that you--and everybody else--really should read some time. We recently had a story competition so that's where some of the stories come from. :)

(P.S. There's a link to the library in my sig. ;))

10. Odinmoon

Me write a story ? :eek: I have enough troubles keeping up with posts. :D
    I would like to but, I would not know where to start or finish. :)
    Maybe one day I will write a few chapters.:rolleyes:

11. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

You can always hire a ghost writer! :rolleyes: (There are plenty of talented writers here...Maybe one of them would like to hang a while and write up your life!)

12. Odinmoon

Have they got five mins ? :D For my whole life story? :D

13. Lynet

Lynet New Member

5 minutes? There's the blog, too. You've mentioned bits and pieces of your adventures. Set up your blog and title a chapter: "3000 Goats" :) Then tell us about it.

Oops, hubby home. Gotta go open a jar of spaghetti sauce. :rolleyes:

14. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Suggestion: Start from the beginning and stop at the end... :p

Thanks for the tip Muffin. Must do that. :)

15. muffin-tacos

I like that idea, Lynet. It would work great for the library and the blog. See, Moon, you got lots to choose from. :bigthumbsup: