need help

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by jcms, Aug 20, 2004.

1. jcms

jcms New Member

need help

hey I lost my cd case and now I don't have the serial number for the sims can somebody help me

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

We will not be providing you a replacement serial number from our games. Here are instructions on locating your lost serial number

There are two locations you may be able to locate a lost serial number: If you registered your product on our website and your account is still active, you may retrieve it there. Point your web browser at the following URL: http://www.thesims.com/ Once logged in using your Screen Name and Password, click on the "Register" button at the top of the main page. This will take you to the Maxis Registration System. Under the Registration Options section, click on the link labeled "add your product serial numbers here." You will see a list of Sims Expansions and any serial numbers you may have registered. If your game was recently installed on your computer, the serial number may still reside in your Windows Registry.
    To view your Windows Registry, carefully perform the following steps:
    1. Left-click the Start Menu and choose "Run"
    2. In the Open field, type the following command: regedit
    3. On the left, under "My Computer" (which will appear at the top of the list), left-click the + next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    4. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, left-click the + next to SOFTWARE
    5. Under SOFTWARE, left-click the + next to Electronic Arts
    6. Under Electronic Arts, left-click the + next to Maxis
    7. If you see your game listed under the Maxis folder, left-click the + next to it
    8. Left-click on the "ergc" folder listed under your game On the right side of the screen, you should see your serial number listed in the Data field.
    If you need to request a new serial number because it has been lost, thrown away, does not work or was not printed on the back of the Jewel Case, please send us the requested information by email, fax or US Mail. Once your request has been received, a serial number will be issued and sent to you within 24 to 48 hours. Full Name: Street Address: State/Providence: Zip/Postal Code: Email address: Phone number: An image of the print side of the CD (in .jpg format if through email, or a photo-copy if through fax) And an image of the back of the jewel case showing the serial number missing (if applicable) Open this URL in your web browser to submit your request via email: http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

Fax #: 650-628-5900
    Street Address:
    EA Customer Warranty
    P.O. Box 9025 Redwood City, CA 94063