Troubleshooting Need to buy a new laptop to run the sims3, in need of help please :)

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by sophie748, Jun 5, 2009.

1. sophie748

sophie748 New Member

Need to buy a new laptop to run the sims3, in need of help please :)

I installed the game on my dads pc but the pixel shader 2.0 problem came up. Unless this can be fixed cheaply, i will have to buy a new laptop.
    I would only want one for the sims and for browsing the web.
    I dont want to spend over £450 as i am a student on limited funds.

I have seen this laptop from Dell that i liked, which comes with 3 years anti virus. I just dont know about the processor and graphics card.

COLOUR CHOICEBlack Colour with Matte Finishedit
    PROCESSORIntel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor T4200 (2.0GHz, 800MHz, 1MB cache)edit
    OPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 - Englishedit
    OFFICE SOFTWAREMicrosoft® Works 9.0 / English - (Does not include Microsoft® Word)editDell RecommendsMicrosoft® Office 2007 Home and Student- English
    Warranty - Collect & ReturneditDell Recommends2Yr In-Home Warranty Support, including evenings and Saturdays
    [​IMG]Upgrade to 2Yr In-Home Warranty Support, including evenings and Saturdays [add £89.00 or £3/month1]
    WEBCAMNo Camera IncludededitLCD15.6" Widescreen WXGA CCFL (1366 x 768) TFT Display with TrueLife™edit
    MEMORY3072MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [1x2048 + 1x1024]editDell Recommends4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]
    HARD DRIVE250GB (5,400rpm) Serial ATA Hard DriveeditDell [​IMG]
    GRAPHICS CARDIntel Integrated GMA 4500MHDeditO
    PTICAL DRIVEDVD +/- RW Drive (read/write CD & DVD)edit
    PRIMARY BATTERY4-cell 24WHr Li-Ion primary batteryedit
    AccessoriesSECURITY SOFTWAREMcAfee® Security Centre - 36 Month Protection - Englishedit
    CARRY CASESNo ]
    BLUETOOTHNo Bluetooth Upgradeedit
    WIRELESS CONNECTIVITYDell Wireless 1397 Mini Card (802.11 b/g)editServices & Software
    ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE SUPPORTNo Accidental Damage Supportedit
    ONLINE BACKUPDataSafe Online Backup 2GB 1 yearedit
    Also included with your systemGedis Bundle ReferenceN0654506Order InformationInspiron 1545 Order - UKShipping DocumentsEnglish - Documentation Inspiron 1545Dell System Media KitInspiron 1545 Resource DVD (Diagnostic & Drivers)Power Supply65W AC AdaptorCables1 Meter Power Cord - UKKeyboardInternal UK English Qwerty KeyboardStandard Warranty1Yr Limited Warranty - Collect & ReturnLabelsWireless Label - Pentium Dual CorePalmRestSilver palmrestPlease can somebody help? Thank you :) xxx

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

It looks like a decent laptop, but let me ask you this: How long did you want to keep the laptop for? The reason I ask this is because there's hot a whole lot of space in the long run to use it for more powerfultitles.

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

If you get a laptop don't pay for all that crap software when you can get just as good stuff for free online!
    If you can post the dxdiag of your dad's computer maybe we can recommend a video card.