SimCity 4 New Screenshots!

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by ManagerJosh, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Sam. :classic:

Those words have to do with contemplate and/or view. I'm very curious about where you found that translation on contemporary because it's not accurate I'm afraid. Her's the right ones with simpler words...
    *Betrakta, beskda = look at, view
    *Tnka p, fundera = think about, ponder. contemplate

It's not easy sometimes... ;) I wasn't sure about the word contemporary first - so I looked it up both in eng-swe dict. (where definitions and usage can be missing) and Collins Concise English Dictionairy (The only one I could find here in Sweden some years ago. Took me 3 years of search. *sighes*) So I think I got the concept now. ;)

You guys really put me back into studying sometimes. :LOL: But I think I learn from it too. It's just to hope I remeber it as well. :)

*gives Sam a big hug*
    Thanks sweetie

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Maybe it translated contemporary as trying to make a simplified look to things? :D

3. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I don't know how you got that translations Sam - but I tried that link now to check it out and got this:

contemporary = samtida (meaning "of the same time")

Exactly the same definition/translations as Collins dictionairy and my english - swedish.. Collins also states that the word is mostly used to express something "modern".

The translations you got Sam means something totally different as I stated before. Those words put together is a very good definition of contemplate!!.. I used the "expert" at that site.

Lol!! I believe we can discuss translations to the end of the world. Anyhow I think we all got the meaning of "contemporary". So I think we can let it go. ;);) Don't you agree??

*gives Fae and Sam a BIIIIIG hug*

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

heehee! Well, now that we all kind of know what contemporary means, I'm STILL curious about what Sam was thinking the user interface COULD have looked like, to make it look MORE contemporary! :D

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Well Sam did say on the page before this he might mean more minimalistic design. And it IS hard to explain design in just words. So if he really meant that or not..????? Maybe, if he has access to pictures of what he mean...

Sam!!! Explain more please!! :classic:

7. sam_lawrence

I do mean minimalistic... like "Less in more"

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

"Less IS more". Got it Sam. :classic:
    Yes that's true in one sence. As long as it isn't those dreadful 60's and 70's squared buildings!! Yikes!!! I'm not found of those "all glass" buildings either. To uniform for me. I like sweaping lines and colours that blends, captures the sun and gives it back in warm nuances. like stone such as granite together with glass. :classic:

9. sam_lawrence

aah yes.. IS.. that was a typo

10. mvk_99

mvk_99 New Member

Sim City Zoo Pic

They actuall build the Zoo right infront of you...cool

Attached Files:

11. mvk_99

mvk_99 New Member

New Pics

Soccer:

Attached Files:

12. mvk_99

mvk_99 New Member

Robot??? whats with this?

Attached Files:

• 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      File size:
      202.3 KB
      Views:
  13. mvk_99

mvk_99 New Member

Scripting

Attached Files:

14. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Microsoft, eat your heart out :)

15. Droz

Droz New Member

I dunno about the scripting, but the Robot looks like the replacement for the aliens or Godzilla. Also, the fact that they created a soccer stadium isn't what surprised me about the first one, but the fact that its recreational and not professional.

16. sam_lawrence

lol Josh, i agree.

17. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

*jumps up and down*

:bunny::whitekitty::bunny::whitekitty::bunny:

yes yes yes.....

18. mvk_99

mvk_99 New Member

Just looking at that pic makes me stop breathing and saying ... omg.... the detail is unbeliveable.

19. sam_lawrence

I wonder if the animals move around.

20. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I hope they do!!!! :classic: