Next Expansion Pack.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by newsim2owner, May 3, 2007.

?

Next Expansion Pack !

1. no expansion, Sims3

9.1%
  2. Vacation

51.5%
  3. Makin Magik

18.2%
  4. Farm Life

6.1%
  5. Other, Completely New idea

15.2%
  1. newsim2owner

newsim2owner New Member

Next Expansion Pack.

I know that everyone probaly already answered this but I thought that i would get it into poll form so you could see the total results.

2. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I think that Seasons probably covers Farmlife pretty well already.

But Vacations (2 letter 'a's in that word, BTW) I would like, if they figure out airplane travel or cruise ships. ;)

3. Vega

Vega New Member

Altough i would like an expansion like making magic or vacations i think that they will came up with something new :p

4. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Vacation, most definitely. :biggrins:

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I know what Witch Baby wants: Magic! She'd be thrilled.

Me, I don't know if I need anymore EPs, unless they had some great new interactions attached.

6. Jill Valentine

Jill Valentine New Member

I voted for makin' magic, but what I would really like is an EP that, even titled and themed as "makin' magic", is in fact a mixture of "vacation", "superstar" and "makin' magic". So we could take ship and airplane cruises, be magicians or wizards and be a superstar, or they could take out the "superstar" part of it, but still keep the "superstar's objects", such as those spa-like bathtubs were you can take a milk, mud or that "green substance" baths :). (I don't recall the name for the greeny thing). So it would be a "vacation - makin' magic" mixture EP w/ "superstar's objects" add-on (or SP integrated). I really miss these bathtubs and the saunas from superstar :).
    But for this to become a really 9.x at IGN, so a must-have title, it has to be a huge pack, like, 2 or 3 DVD discs. Otherwise, it will be very limited.

See ya !!!

7. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

think I read somewhere the EP may be called Bon Voyage... or something like. What I would like someone to make is a senario creator so you could create your sims with a personal history. could be as simple as

College major and history, grades:
    Current Worth:
    First Love:
    Current Job Level:
    Skills levels etc.:

That way even your seniors don't have to start at zero when you create a new family

Also for some stories it would be great if you could control a ghost like you can any of your regular simmies.

8. Vega

Vega New Member

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Snooty Sims are just taking gossip and posting it. The further into the future you look the less reliable the forecast.

10. Vega

Vega New Member

oh i see, thanks for the info Mirelly :)
    i will be more carefull next time i search for information...

11. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

Well... there is a new stuff pack coming out, H&M Fasion Stuff, with a whole lot of new clothes, based on the store widely spread in Europe, and with a few stores in America. Do Stuff Packs count? Check out the sims 2 homepage, it has more info there.

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I love advertising, but I won't pay for it. If H&M want us to admire their goods let them pay for adverts like anyone else. They should make their clothes available as free downloads or add them as a bonus disc to an expansion or stuff pack that is worth buying in itself without the advertising material.

I won't be buying it :p

13. suitemichelle

eeewww! I was going to say: Meow meow... Cat-ty! But then I remembered who said

I suppose you could call it advertising but a lot of us had never heard of H&M til now. actually it's really a sign of the times that corperate "world" has got it's sticky little hands right in the middle of our entertainment pie.

14. Jill Valentine

Jill Valentine New Member

I agree with Mirelly, although I'm a collector, meaning I hate having incomplete collections, so I'll buy it.
    But the H&M stuff pack is pointless in my point of view. Not only because it's advertising, but the theme is the same as the already existing "glamour life". :(
    Maybe the clothes are not glamourous (I don't know, never met H&M before this), but it's the same theme.
    It's a shame. If I was a programmer, I would get things my way, like George Lucas got his films his way when FOX was criticising before release, and look how big and deep is the SWs world today. Wright selling his baby to advertising ? Shame.

15. Bassoonist

Bassoonist Bassoons rock!

I'd love for it to be a new idea... However Maxis had to set their own pattern which is repeating past EPs every other EP. It's really stupid if you ask me.

I may not have the patience to go through all of these repeat EPs on The Sims 3 again. I wish they would just put them in the game itself and create new ideas... but that's not Maxis. XD

Anyways, yeah, I don't want it to be any of those... but it probably will be that Vacations EP.

16. suitemichelle

do the math... $50+ base game + $30 x #? expansion packs + $18-20 x #?stuff packs... and we're up to how many expansions and how many stuff packs?

17. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

I say Making magic, that was one of my fave expansion packs for the first sims.

18. newsim2owner

newsim2owner New Member

yeah right i mean i probaly have spent over $200 on sims2 not counting sims 1

BAse
    Uni
    NL
    OFB
    Pets
    Seasons

19. Odinmoon

Odinmoon Creator of organised mess

To me Its like buying a car with wagon wheels. Then next year we will sell you the wheels. lol

20. Jazz

Jazz Vintage User

i buy all the eps that come out hot off the press, because im afraid people will get cool stuff that I wont. heh

So I have

Base
    Uni
    NL
    OFB
    Celebration Stuff
    FF Stuff
    GL Stuff
    aaand Happy Holiday

I really wanna restrain from buying H&M Stuff because someone reminded me (in this thread) that we shouldnt have to pay for that crap and it should just be up for download.