Troubleshooting no directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter???

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by flatfishfred, Sep 18, 2004.

1. obviouslybenhughes

obviouslybenhughes New Member

This should be an interesting challenge for everyone...

I'm running my Macbook Pro (early 2008, not the new shiny one) with VMWare Fusion on it, with Windows Vista installed as a virtual machine. Upon running The Sims 2, I get the same error message as everyone else. I downloaded and installed the DirectX 9.0c driver in Vista, and stil get the same message after the bootup screen disappears.
    My specs on the Macbook Pro are as follows:

Hardware Overview:
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03
    SMC Version: 1.27f1
    Serial Number: W88279VFYJX
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

Anyone know what I could try to do to get my game working? I bought it way back in '04 when it first came out, and it worked on the old machine we had back then, so it seems like a no brainer for it to work on this fast, new machine, right? I guess wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

What is the integrated video chipset for this MacBook?

3. obviouslybenhughes

obviouslybenhughes New Member

I think this is what you're asking for?
    GeForce 8600M GT:

Hope so!

4. swmeek

Yup that's the critter! Personally I know nothing about Macs but if it were me I would make sure I had the most current video drivers for that chipset installed.
    I assume Macs support DirectX don't they?

5. XSilentHills

XSilentHills New Member

I've tried EVERYTHING D ':

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I clicked on the site astaregod posted for Intel but it suggested I download only programs that were a grade lower than I have, not only that, but the files were exe and something else, and I have a exp file? I've also fallowed and tried everything ManagerJosh has posted here, apart from reinstalling DirectX 9. idk, but here:

Chip Type: Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910 GML Express Chipset
    DirectX Version: DirextX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)

Oh! Also, I had the Sims 2 University, Seasons, Nightlife and Teen Style Stuff and it worked fine, but now I've downloaded Apartment Life and it's doing this. ..? Idk, what do you think?

6. swmeek

I would say you've overloaded what the graphics chip can handle when you installed Apartment Life.
    You'd be better off uninstalling everything and then reinstalling what you had before .