Troubleshooting No Get Married or Move In options

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by MegRen, Jan 10, 2006.

1. MegRen

MegRen New Member

No Get Married or Move In options

Okay, I posted this as a reply to another topic in the General Discussion forum, and then realized it should go here. Oops! Okay--I've been having problems with marrying and moving in sims. In one house, a guy who had just graduated invited his fiancee (still in college) over and they got married...but she never showed up as a member of the household. So I exited without saving and then tried again--same thing. On another lot, I got the guy engaged to someone from a different lot, but now no propose options show up at all. Not "Get Married," not "Move In," nothing. I don't think I've downloaded any hacks in forever and a day. The only thing I remember downloading before the problems started was the Grand Trianon set from ModtheSims2. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be going on? Please? Pretty please, with a cherry on top?

2. ASHMEANS r a d

ASHMEANS r a d dance master ?

does the potential mover-in or fiancee feel the same way as the proposee?

3. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Well, she accepted the engagement. Besides, it only really matters how the proposer feels, because the other person can always reject the offer, you know?

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Ah hang on. Accepting an engagement is not a marriage. You have to propose marriage after that before the sim will move in and appear in the family

5. MegRen

MegRen New Member

I know, but what I'm saying is that even though they are engaged and their relationship (at least on his side) is 100/100, the Propose-Marriage option doesn't even show up. Nor does the Propose-Move In option.

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Drat, drat and triple drat! :(

OK back to 1st principles ... :rolleyes:

First test the game with the downloads folder out of the game (drag it to the desktop)

Your furniture will be missing so you'll have to replace it (if your sims need money, use the motherlode cheat to get it quick ;) ) Just don't save the lots after trying them out, cos you can restore the downolads folder after testing. If the missing move-in/marriage options are restored then the problem is in your downloads folder ... :eek: Let us know and we'll go from there.

7. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Ok, thanks. I'll try that when I get home from work and errands. 2 more hours, 2 more hours...:cool:

8. MegRen

MegRen New Member

If I have my downloads in subfolders within the downloads folder, will they still show up in the game?

9. MegRen

MegRen New Member

I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but it is definitely something I downloaded. Now here comes the daunting task of replacing the downloads a little at a time and rebooting TS2 again and again until I find the batch that is messed up. : : sigh : :

10. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Update: the problem file was in the second batch (out of over 10, so yea!) It's one of two clothing mods/hacks, so at least I know where the problem is, and both are now disabled. I still haven't run TS2 again since I disabled them, but hopefully that does the trick!

11. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Meg, can you email me with the details of the dodgy download (where it came from, what it does, if possible attach the download to it. I am PM-ing my email address to you :)

12. MegRen

MegRen New Member

Okay, I was SOOOO ready to get on here and thank the goddess Mirelly for helping me fix my problem, but alas, it still doesn't work. So then I moved both of the files out of the downloads folder, but it still didn't work. I'm at a loss. The last time it worked was when I just disabled the one file, which is what I'm trying now. I swear, once I get this fixed I will never mess with it or download anything else again!!

13. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Meg, it is possible that you have another hack that is conflicting with the Pescado one you sent me. What else do you have? And is your game patched?

14. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

Hi, I'm newly registered here, but have been finding out answers to my sim problems for a while now. My problem is similar to yours Meg, however the propose option isn't there for only one sim in my household. He has recently come back from college, where he got engaged to a townie sim, although now that he is home, I've invited her over and tried to get her to move in but the propose option wasn't there. The only downloads I have are from the official Sims site, but considering it is only affecting one sim in a household of four I don't see how that would be the cause of my prob. Hope someone has anm idea of what's going on cuz I sure don't!! :confused:

15. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

It's ok, I fixed my own problem with the Uni patch, I really shoulda done that first. Oh well, shoulda, coulda, woulda.