No neighborhoods, tutorials don't work!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by fowlercrelwof, Sep 26, 2004.

1. fowlercrelwof

fowlercrelwof New Member

No neighborhoods, tutorials don't work!

I have installed the game with no problems. When I start the game it goes up to the main menu. At the menu, there are no neighborhoods, only build a custom one. If I go to the tutorials and click to play one, the cursor turns into an hourglass and then takes me back to the main screen. It has never frozen or crashed, I can still exit the game fine and the music is playing, I just can't play the game! Please help me

2. PMB141

PMB141 New Member

Dito

Im having the same problem. If you figured out how to fix it can you please reply to this and tell me how? Besides...do you have Windows ME? MY game didn't have this problem untill I had to change OS and put on ME from XP.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Did you buy the game?

4. PMB141

PMB141 New Member

Yes I did.

5. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

Do you have a folder in your My Documents folder that's called EA Games\The sims 2? And if you do, do you have folder inside?

6. PMB141

PMB141 New Member

Yeah its all there

7. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

are you running any unofficial codehacks, patches?

8. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

Do you have the following file structure

\Documents and Settings\..name...\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N001

N001 represents your first neighbourhood, and has a "character" folder and a "lot" folder.

There is also N002 and N003.

I could duplicate your problem by removing the N001, N002, and N003 folders. So I am wondering if your problem is related to missing files, insufficient access rights or insufficient space.

If everything looks ok, I'd try renaming the EA Games\The Sims 2 folder I mentioned above and restarting the game. Normally it should recreate a new The Sims 2 folder.

9. Leticron

Leticron New Member

It sure looks like s/o deleted these folders for whatever reason (space?)
    (I once was called to a guy who deleted his complete Windows folder because it was so big...he said I don't need windows...all I need is my M$-Office package *LOL* *LOL* *LOL*)
    -le