Troubleshooting No Roof

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by hazeleyes86, Jun 8, 2009.

1. hazeleyes86

hazeleyes86 New Member

No Roof

Is anyone having a problem with their roofs not showing up. My only solution is to select a the flat roof. However the normal raised roofs, including the ones that are automatically available once you click on them refuse to show up.
    Anyone have any solutions? From doing a google search it seems I'm not the only one with this prob, but I haven't found a solution.

Thanks

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

First, make sure you are in full 'Walls Up' mode (should be the last option).
    Click on the 'Go up a floor' button until you can't go any further up on your house.
    Just because you can see the house, and you're in 'Walls Up' mode, doesn't mean all the elements in your house will display. If your house has three floors, and you're currently in floor two, you won't see your roof. You might have to go up or down floors a few times to force the roof to appear again.

If all else fails, try putting on your roof again (it's free!). This time, try building your roof both with 'Walls Up' and clicking on 'Go up a floor' as high as you can go.

Roofs with extreme tilted angles seem to have more trouble showing up correctly. Keep this information in mind when building your house. In addition to keeping your angles in check, try lowering your graphics settings to make it easier for your game to display roofs correctly.

3. hazeleyes86

hazeleyes86 New Member

Hey Josh tks, I've tried all of this before, I'm use to building houses, I know about the floor up, walls up options. And I have tried multiple times to take off my roof and put it back on. Its still not working, and my graphics are all on low. But you never know, maybe a patch will come out or it will fix itself. Atleast it seems like I can play the game now. -)

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

:) Good to know. Let us know if you found a workaround. But for the most part, all our roofs are appearing.