How Do I Oh how confused am I???

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by scarylodger, Jan 11, 2008.

1. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

Oh how confused am I???

Hi folks

Okay I've read the downloads sticky and everything else I can find but I'm still at a loss.
    I've downloaded and installed from the Parsimonious site. Everything shows fine apart from the ones that I downloaded as a collection. You know, you just click on the picture for the whole lot instead of taking them individually.
    I put them in the collections folder but no joy. I tried the downloads folder, still no. Instead I get a box flash up listing all the downloads saying did I want to disable or enable or something or other.
    I'm tempted to uninstall the whole game and start again as I'm losing track of what's gone where. :confused::confused::confused:

Also, I've just downloaded that Q-Xpress link that's on here. Is that really as simple as it sounds?

I hope you are all well today.
    x

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

That box is asking you if you want to enable custom content. In your case, the content is disabled, which is why you downloads won't show. Go in to your game options and find the option "Enable Custom Content" and click yes or okay.

3. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

Right okay. I'm sure I said "yes" to the enabled bit, but then perhaps they were in the wrong place at that time. Hmmm.

Anyway, thanks, I will try again.
    x

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Here's how it works:

When you install a new expansion (at least Nightlife or later) or a newer stuff pack it disables the custom content. The first time you start the game you need to say Enable custom content, click OK, and then quit.

I usually go into a neighborhood first to see if everything looks OK, then quit. Up to you. Any custom content you had before will flash blue, just ignore it.

When you restart the game check to see if "enabled" is now checked (it should be).

Play the game as usual.

It's annoying but you need to restart to enable that custom content, is all.

5. scarylodger

scarylodger New Member

Right thanks for that. I managed to get some downloads going today. That Q-express thing didn't work though, it kept packing up half way through.

Nevermind I think I'm getting there.
    x

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Can't help you there. I don't use that program. You might want to try the SimFile Robot Maid or similar instead if it continues to give you problems.