OMG, is this true?!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by ManagerJosh, Aug 24, 2002.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

2. r_mcm

r_mcm New Member

Hey Josh, why don't you cantact Bil about that, he's the one that'll know if it's true. I personally don't believe it, but I could be wrong like I was about unleashed!

3. LordBrain515

LordBrain515 New Member

Face Factory was out a while ago, I think. Blueprint Pro and Career Creator Pro are being made by the people at the blueprint website. According to GameStop.com, they are supposed to be released within the next week. It seems like they are still working on the programs though. They need at least a week or two to test it, make the CDs, and ship it though. Hopefully they'll be out by the end of this month.

4. LordBrain515

LordBrain515 New Member

I checked again at GameStop. They now say that Blueprint Pro will be relealsed 10/2/02 and Career Creator Pro will be realeased 9/5/02 (4 days before their original release date). I think the actual release date for CCP will be later than Blueprint Pro's.

As for Face Factory, it is already out according to GameStop. These programs are all being published by Abacus. Abacus's website is http://www.abacuspub.com.

5. ManagerJosh

can't complain there :)

6. Mattvols

Mattvols New Member

I was at my local EB yesterday and I saw Face Factory looks like it will be pretty cool but for $20 I think I'll wait for a price drop. What Face Factory is you take a picture of you with you digital camera from the front and back and then it renders a face for you. Then you select the clothing you want your sim to wear and boom its in your game.

7. RedsGirl

RedsGirl New Member

Yep the BLueprint crew made Blueprint PRO and the Career Creator but keep in mind that these are still considered third party programs and are not endorsed by Maxis. Face Factory was made by Abacus - I don't know if there were copyright problems or what - I do know that it seems to be a sore spot with Maxis right now - so it too is obviously not endorsed :)

8. ManagerJosh

I thought Bil made Face Factory...

:frown:

9. RedsGirl

RedsGirl New Member

Nope - it was distributed by Ulead and created by Abacus

10. ManagerJosh

mmmmm that's intresting to hear. I learned something today :D

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I had only heard of Blueprint before, I want to get it when it's released...

12. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

This sounds really interesting!! Hope it's all true.

13. RentechD

RentechD New Member

Yes it is true. They are available for pre-order. ACcording to his site Blueprint as it is will stay free,,, some of the functions of Pro may reach an upgrade of BP but no promiss... Pro will cost as will the others.

14. Bryan

Bryan Member

Josh the programs will cost some money...I saw that a last month...just for blueprint it is 30.00 So, If your serious about making objects...that is what you want!

15. RentechD

RentechD New Member

That sort of depends. I seriously make objects and I do not use BP, as a matter of fact I have found BP to be essentially worthless in the state it is presently in. It does nothing more then I do with other tools, and in some cases not as well. It never delivered half of what it promised and I am reluctant to fork out $30 to find out the same is true of BP Pro. Yes, it will be a disk full of everything on the website and have additional textures: however there is nothing there I really want and I have 18 gigs of textures now so not sure I really want more. After the BP experience of the past 18 months I don't think I will invest in it unless there is a free trial period first.

Yes, there is great 'talk' about what is in BP Pro, much like all the great talk about what BP would have before it was released, but it fell really short. Sorry for sounding harsh, but I am quite afraid that BP Pro will follow the same route - the advertising is good but you won't get what you thought you were paying for. I hope i am wrong, but I am not about to shell out $30 with the track record these guys have had.

16. Bryan

Bryan Member

I agree...I just know the price...and some people like BP...even though I couldnt figure it out :|

17. ManagerJosh

Whatever you can do currently in blueprint, I think you can do even better in the TMOG :D

18. LordBrain515

LordBrain515 New Member

Well, the version that is currently available of BP for free was released to stop people from bugging him (Bil). He was planning on developing it further before it's release, but people kept bugging him. He was recreating it as blueprint 2, which is now known as blueprint Pro. I do believe this will be much better than the current version, but I plan to look at all of the features before I purchase it.

19. RentechD

RentechD New Member

Thats the issue I am having since it appears there is not 'try it before you buy it feature' and historically the software has never quite lived up to the 'feature' set that it was said to have. Supposedly BP Pro is supposed to have all the features of bp, plus new ones but I have seen nothing but news posts saying they are working.

I am reluctant to invest money and then get a program that half works or does not function as advertised and have to sit around for a year listening to how the QFE for the problems is coming along.

20. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

What r u guys talkin bout?????