OMG, is this true?!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by ManagerJosh, Aug 24, 2002.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

a 30-day demo might be nice.. :)

2. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

what r u guys talkin bout?????

3. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Programs Chatterbox, programs....

Skinmaking... erh.. yeah...right!

:D

4. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Face Factory

I know two people that have purchased Face Factory.......and both said they wasted their money on it, just FYI.

Reni

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Hmmm well I haven't tried using many programs that are supposed to help you make stuff, just the transmogrifier for making objects, and whatever the program is called that's on the official sims site for previewing your wallpapers and floors. I recently got something to preview skins and meshes, but I'm having trouble figuring it out. I do all the actual graphics work in Adobe Photoshop.... And I have WAY too many things I intend to make... whole notebooks of lists of ideas! :p

6. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Skin previewer program

What program are you using to preview skins?

I use Simpose and Simshow, mostly Simpose. They are kinda hard to get the hang of, but cool.

I'm trying to make my first dog skin, a Shih Tzu. I've always wanted one in real life, but the hubby says no way. He doesn't want any Foo-Foo dogs. Eventually I'll just go out and buy one, LOL. But until then......My sims might be getting one.

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I haven't really figured out the previewing skins thing actually!! For over a year I was just making them, putting them into the game, and seeing if they worked right or not, then tweaking the graphics as needed, and saving it corrected, and replacing the bad skins file.... I think the one I downloaded and am learning to use is either Simpose or Simshow... I need to go learn what programs I've gotten recently!! I still haven't even unzipped a bunch of programs I've downloaded this last couple of months.

I think a shih tzu doggie would be a GREAT skin to make! I would want one!! My hubby doesn't want any "little barking" dogs either, he wants a BIG one if we get a place we can have dogs someday! I like shelties and pommeranians too. :)

8. reniusa

reniusa New Member

LOL !! "little barking dogs"

If you do try to use a skin veiwer then I think SimPose is better. Sim Show doesn't recognize some of the meshes, like Jerome's "bj" series. I can't believe you were previewing them in the game! That must have taken forever to make one skin. Of course I'm a worry wart and preview them like every time I make a change, LOL

:D

9. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

Face Factory is a rip off ill tell u that much!!!!!

10. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

*chatterbox thinks to herself total rip off*

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

haha yeah checking all my skins IN the sims game itself DID take forever!! Especially since it was taking my game soooo long to load with all the extra downloaded things in it.... I'll have to keep that in mind about some of jerome's meshes not working in SimShow, I like a lot of the meshes I've seen by him (I'm guessing with the name Jerome it's a him....???).

The skin I'm currently tweaking has a low cut jeans pant that's got a sort of jagged rise up on the sides, so I'm trying to figure out where to make that dip in the skin for it to work... sigh. :p

12. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

kool!!!!!!

13. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Sounds real cool to me too!

:classic::bunny::classic::bunny::classic:

14. chatterbox

chatterbox Guest

hope it works out!!!!!

15. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

I feel that third party programmes are after all not official and u cant expect them to work well...

16. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I think it partly depends on who made them and how thorough he/she been in testing it too.
    Therefor you can have pgms that doesnt work and pgms that does.

17. ManagerJosh

Some Third-Party products work quite well considering if they didn't people would be mad at them and demand refunds.

18. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

True Josh!
    (You're always such a smart guy, aren't you?)

erhm discovered that didn't sound very polite.. sorry. I mean that i think you really are smart Josh... for real.. i do.. sorry..:(

*gives Josh a big hug*

19. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Smart Josh

20. ManagerJosh

I'm not smart...I'm just passionate :D :p