Once Upon a Time in Veronaville

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Aug 7, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

A light rain was falling the morning of Nora's wedding, but by the time the guests arrived the weather had turned fine. Eliza and Juliet fussed over Nora's dress and helped her with her makeup.

"You look so beautiful," Liza sighed.

"Like royalty," Juliet agreed. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm nervous as a cat," Nora said with a laugh.

"Nora," Juliet said, "you do know about my family's history, right?"

"Don't worry," Nora said, giving her hands a squeeze, "I'm going into this with my eyes wide open."

"If you need to talk to anyone, you know I'm here," Juliet said.

"I'll take you up on that, I'm sure, Mrs. Monty."

Juliet sighed happily. "I always thought I'd be Mrs. Romeo Monty, but being married to Mercutio is everything I ever wanted."

"I'm so glad."

"You two almost done with the sappy stuff?" Liza asked. "I think the ceremony's starting."

2. surprised_by_witches

Nora was in a daze throughout the ceremony and most of the party. Tybalt looked so handsome, and she was so very happy that everything just seemed to fall around her like sunlight. She barely heard what was said, just greeted the many guests with a smile on her face.

Her feeling of bliss came to a sudden screeching halt when she realized her sister was having a full-scale argument with Consort Capp. Nora gathered up her skirts and went to do battle on her sister's behalf.

"Don't you EVER talk to me like that again," Liza said, poking the old man in the chest.

"What did he say?" Nora asked.

Liza's eyes were full of tears. "You don't want to know."

"Old man," Nora said, turning on him, "If you can't behave at my wedding I'm going to have to ask you to go to your room."

"How dare you," the old man hissed.

"I'm not bluffing," Nora said. "This is my special day and you will behave. I want you to apologize to my sister."

"I will not."

"You are a horrid old man," Nora said. "Come on, Liza."

"What's wrong?" Tybalt asked, looking at the sisters' angry faces.

"What do you think?" Nora asked.

"I'll talk to him," he said, his face grim.

"No," Nora said, taking his arm. "Let's just dance."

"But ... "

"It's what he wants. He wants the attention. Let's not give it to him. I want to enjoy what's left of the party. You OK, Liza?"

"Yeah," Liza said, and went off to talk to Hermia.

"I'm sorry he's such a pain," Tybalt said.

"You can deal with him tomorrow," she said. "Tonight, you're all mine."

3. surprised_by_witches

"We've really gotten off on the wrong foot," Nora said the next day over dinner. Tybalt wasn't home yet, and it was just her and his grandfather. She had just gotten promoted to Vice Squad on the Veronaville Police Force and was in a good mood. "Can't we just try to get along?"

"I don't make concessions," Consort said. He was still wearing his business suit.

"Doesn't seem like a very good way to do business," Nora said. "I don't want us to be enemies, but I don't appreciate your trying to push me around."

The old man said nothing.

"I'll make a deal with you," Nora said. "You stop trying to run my life, and I'll do my best to be civil to you."

"Why should I deal with you?" he asked.

"Because I'm the mother of your future great-grandchildren," she said. "And if I don't like the way you treat me, I walk. Tybalt and I will get our own house and you'll be lucky to see our kids once a year."

They regarded each other for a long moment.

"You're a hard little cookie, aren't you," he said finally. "I gotta admit, I like that in a girl."

"Then we're agreed?" she said.

"I'm just an old man," Consort said. "I can't even get respect in my own home. You do what you want. No one listens to me anyway."

"Well, all right then," Nora said, realizing this was as close to a concession as she was going to get. "As long as we're agreed."

4. surprised_by_witches

Without the facepaint, Puck Summerdream was a dreamy cutie pie, but although Eliza found him attractive the last thing she wanted was a steady college boyfriend. She wanted to be free to date whomever she chose, and as many whomevers as she chose. Men could get so possessive, and that just wasn't for her.

"What about Hermia?" she asked, in desperation.

"Hermia and I are just friends. We have no chemistry," Puck said. "Not like you and me."

"I'll just break your heart, Puck," Liza said. "I'm not a one-man woman."

"I'll take my chances," he said.

Well. He couldn't say she hadn't warned him.

5. surprised_by_witches

"So you don't mind that I'm sort of seeing your old boyfriend?" Liza asked Hermia over French Fries a few days later.

"Nah," said Hermia, "that was highschool. There are are no sparks now that we're in college. I mean he's cute and all, but I'm looking for ... "

"Who is THAT?" Liza interrupted, turning to stare out the window.

Leather pants, leather vest, long shaggy dark hair, and a chopper. Bronze skin and a gorgeous face. The man was beyond hot. Maybe she was a one-man woman after all, if it could be that man ...

"Oh, him? That's Romeo," Hermia said. "But he's bad ... Liza?"

Liza sauntered out of the restaurant. "Nice chopper."

He cut his eyes sideways at her. "Nice shirt."

She smiled. "How fast does it go?"

He tossed her a helmet.

6. surprised_by_witches

Pictures ...

Mr. and Mrs. Monty

Mr. and Mrs. Capp

Liza argues with Consort Capp. This fight started autonomously. He really is a nasty old man.

Nora comes to her sister's defense.

Attached Files:

7. surprised_by_witches

More pictures ...

Sisterly hug.

Tybalt and Nora Capp

Puck and Liza at the wedding. Puck is really a babe. I promise a better picture later.

After work chat

Liza and Romeo ...

Attached Files:

8. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I should be right now finishing my packing and then go to work but I had to check in to see if you had updated and Wow, lots of chapters. Really cool. Liza and Romeo! This should get exciting. (I like Liza's dress at the wedding. Really nice. Great pictures.)

9. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Ooh....I like Liza's tattoo. Is that part of the dress or skintone?

10. surprised_by_witches

Part of the dress. The tattoo was an accident. :eek: I made that dress (sort of, by blending two other dresses) and tattoo, specifically for Avery in Porta de Luca. I took a photo of Liza and thought, oops, it was THAT dress.

But there's no reason Liza can't have the same tattoo. I just need to modify her other clothes that show it. :D I do like it, after all.

If you want I can upload some of the clothes that have it.

11. surprised_by_witches

Nora and Juliette not only got married within a week of each other, they also became pregnant the same week. Nora took her pregnancy in stride. She'd never felt better, actually, though she was a bit worried about the ghosts. She'd run into one the other day, and after searching the family albums determined that it was Tybalt's great-great-grandfather (or was it great-great-great?) Antony Caesar. He didn't seem happy to see her. In fact, she got the distinct impression that some of the ghosts objected to her, in particular, as they made a point of trying to scare her on a regular basis.

"They sure stick around, don't they," she said.

"I'll talk to Grandfather about moving the graves," Tybalt said. "I don't want our baby scared to death."

Nora put her hands over her belly protectively. "Thank you."

12. surprised_by_witches

Realized a couple of things: The game spells Juliet, Juliette, which I don't like as well, but I may slip and spell it that way on occasion.

Veronaville is matrilinear. I didn't figure it out until I'd already married my sims off and had them take their husband's names. So, technically, Tybalt and Nora should be the Stones and Mercutio and Juliet, the Capps, but too bad, I'm stuck with it now.

Tybalt and Hermia are actually Juliet's siblings, something else I didn't realize at first, as Tybalt was Juliet's cousin in the play. So I've invented a fifth child for Consort, Tybalt and Hermia's dad, and that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Maybe he was the black sheep, got written out of the will or something. :p

And, finally, this should be Chapter 3. It's all the product of a messy mind so you'll just have to bear with me. :rolleyes:

13. surprised_by_witches

Juliet was not doing as well with her pregnancy. She passed out coming home from work one day and Mercutio put her to bed and called her boss.

"You're not going back until the baby is born," he said, and she gratefully agreed. She was so tired, she could barely get out of bed some days.

Mercutio's grandmother stopped by often and took care of Juliet while Mercutio was at work. Nora stopped by occasionally as well, and read to her friend or related the latest gossip from the Manor before Isabella kicked her out.

"You need your rest, too, young lady," the old woman would scold with a smile.

Juliet couldn't wait until her baby was born and her body was her own again. She had always wanted a big family, but she was beginning to think one pregnancy was more than enough for her.

14. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

You can take as many liberties with the story as you want - just keep writing, cause many of us are HOOKED!

15. Lynet

Lynet New Member

I agree with Sacha. :D

16. surprised_by_witches

:):eek: Thanks, you guys.

Fiona Capp was born early one morning just before her father left for work. He promptly called into work and spent the day with his new family, pampering both of them and keeping his nosy Grandfather out of the way.

"They need their rest," he said, firmly. "You can see her tomorrow."

"Just want to make sure she's ... " Consort saw the warning look in Tybalt's eye and cleared his throat. "Healthy. You know, all parts accounted for."

"She is, and you'll see her soon enough. Don't you have to go to the office today?"

"All right, all right, you don't have to push. Sheesh."

17. surprised_by_witches

"Juliet? I hate to bother you but I just wanted to make sure you're OK. I haven't heard from you in a few days," Nora said over the phone.

"I'm sorry, we've been swamped."

"So, has the baby arrived yet?"

"Yes," Juliet said, sounding exhausted, "they have."

"They? As in more than one?"

"Enrico and Irina," Juliet said. "Twins. Born two days ago."

"My goodness, you sound dead on your feet. Can I help in any way?"

"No, I think we've got it covered." Juliet yawned mightily. "Only ... "

"Yes, yes, get off the phone and go to bed," Nora said. "I'll come visit as soon as I can."

She hung up the phone and went to tell Tybalt the good news.

18. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Fiona, then Enrico and Irina. Now you've turned Veronaville into neighborhood full of interesting people, like PDL. I'm getting a little curious about how Liza and Romeo are doing. Do they bring out the best in each other? Or the worst?

19. surprised_by_witches

Enrico was a fussy baby. While his sister slept peacefully he cried, wiggled, fussed and yelled. He kept waking Irina up so Juliet was forced to hold him, walking around their small house with him on one hip while she did the chores. She felt tired, smelly and cranky. Motherhood was not what it was cracked up to be.

When Mercutio got home from work she thrust the baby at him. "No more babies for you, mister," she said, and went upstairs to take a bubble bath.

She heard Mercutio moving around the house, talking to the twins, whistling, heard the doorbell ring. A few minutes later Mercutio knocked on the bathroom door.

"Come in."

He had a dozen roses and a bottle of wine. He sat down on the floor next to the tub and poured them each a glass while she smelled the flowers.

"Oh, Mercutio, roses, my favorite."

"Tough day?" He handed her a glass and set the roses on the counter.

"The worst. Enrico is so demanding. I love him, but I wish I could put him down once in a while."

"Well, he's sleeping now. And, I have more good news."

"You're suddenly sterile?"

He laughed. "No. I got a promotion. So you can quit your job like we discussed. Or we could get a nanny," he said, seeing the expression on her face.

"Let me sleep on it," she said. "In the meantime, c'mere, you."

20. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Haha, sterile...hey, there's always birth control. :rolleyes: