Open For Business - Dream Business

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Yeah since I've seen the new toys they can build I think I may start with a toy store too. I guess my decision would be final if I knew if that's the only way they can get these new toys or not. One of the pictures had a kite with a Nemo looking fish on it. My boys are three so we are REAL Nemo fans at our house. LOL

Ruth

PS: I don't even think I'm going to try OFB on the computer I have, I think I'll try to wait until I get a new one. I'm having more and more problems with it.

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Are there any calories in a sim bakery?

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Do you mean the building itself or the goodies inside? :D

4. Lynet

Lynet New Member

You know, I had to think hard about that, the calories. I think there are a lot of calories in the Sims, buildings and all. This must be true because of the change in my waistline ever since I started playing the game. :eek: It's like eating cheese danish every day.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Oh my! Ain't that the truth. Maybe Maxis should apply labels to future releases of The Sims franchise:
    The Sims can only contribute to weight loss as part of a sensible regime of diet and exercise. You are particularly drawn to take note of the fact that a flat stomach and washboard abs may NOT be attained by working out overnight until you get 'all-stinky' ... that only happens to sims ...
    Small print should always be difficult to read ... :rolleyes:

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

*Gets out huge magnification glass*
    :rotfl:
    I apologize for my tired, 56 year old eyes. Even using both of them at the same time I couldn't read the teeny tiny blue lines and knew I was missing something important. :D

7. JuliaThorne

JuliaThorne New Member

LOL just as I was reading this post.. I had a cookie in my hand... :p

8. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Too bad we couldn't be real estate agents in OfB :)

9. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

A car dealership!!! Oh, now that could be fun!!! I'm sure I've got a used car dealer in my neighborhood somewhere. ;)

I'm wondering something, can't remember if I read it in the chat transcripts (and frankly, too tired and lazy to look it up, sorry.) Can I build a lot now, like, say, my car lot, and then have it ready for OFB? Or does the lot have to be in the new shopping neighborhood, and/or does it have to be a lot that is not pre-existing before we install OFB?

10. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

Oh that's a good question! I would think though, since you can buy existing businesses, that you would be able to get something prepared now.

Ruth

11. surprised_by_witches

I have a little cafe I made that I'm hoping one of my sims can buy once I get OFB ... I agree with Ruthie. It sounded like you can buy existing businesses.

I really don't like some of the ones that came with the game. Maybe it's time for a remodel ...

12. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

I'd ... I don't have a clue. Since I'm not getting it, then I didn't think about it.

Oooh - Relate. for those pesky romance sims.

13. surprised_by_witches

I installed my new, high-speed RAM today! I now have a Gig and I didn't blow anything up.

I have yet to play the game ... I'm excited to see the improvements in performance.

Just getting ready for OFB!!

14. MangoOrange

MangoOrange New Member

I thought of another business that I'm going to start. The elders living in my retirement home are going to open a Christmas shop. Depending on what the game allows, the shop will hopefully be attached to the retirement home, but if I can't do that, then they will just build it next door.

A bunch of cute little old people dressed like Santa and Mrs. Claus, selling Christmas trees and wreaths and gingerbread houses! I can finally use all those items from the holiday pack that I never bothered with before!

15. Your Mom

Your Mom Simaholic ;D

Hey, you're not alone. I do it too. =P

I would like to open something like a restaurant (if I can). Failing that, I'd like to make a toyshop.