Order of installing the expansion packs?

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by kuponutty, Aug 6, 2005.

1. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

Order of installing the expansion packs?

I recently bought Full House and I've heard that you get problems if you don't install them in order of the release dates. Is this true and what is the order?

Also, My friend also has Full House and she said that if you've installed Makin' Magic you don't need the original Sims CD anymore. You just put in Makin' Magic and it will load just like the CD. Does this apply for all EPs? e.g. If Superstar was the last EP you installed, would it work like the normal CD?

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

1. There was a post about this but I think if Makin' Magic is installed last, you should be fine.

2. The game runs off the latest expansion pack made. So if you installed Makin' Magic and then Hot date the game would run off Makin' Magic.

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

NOTE that you need to keep the original CD so that you can reinstall if needed. Expansion Packs should be installable in any order, but if you have to reinstall the game it would be better to apply the EPs in the order of release:
    Living Large (can't remember the US name)
    Hot Date
    Vacation
    Unleashed
    Superstar
    Making Magic

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I've never heard of Full House? Is it a new Pack that has the original game plus EP's?

I started with Sims Deluxe, and there is also a Sims Double-Deluxe.

So, you would follow this order:

Say you have Sims Double-Deluxe (Which I think is Sims, Livin' Large, then House Party)
    Then follow the order
    Hot Date
    Vacation
    Unleashed
    Superstar
    Makin' Magic

5. snoopy

snoopy New Member

Installing Sims from Fullhouse

I recently bought Fullhouse which includes the original sims and all the expansion packs andi didnt install them in any particular order - except the original first - which you have to. But anyway i havent had any problems at all and i have installed them all. I think i even installed unleashed straight after The original and it worked fine - hope this helps.