Pastors?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by SeeMe23, Jul 28, 2004.

?

do you think there will be a pastor?

Poll closed Jul 28, 2005.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. Why?

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. SeeMe23

SeeMe23 New Member

Pastors?

do you think there will be a pastor in sims2?:confused: :D

2. SeeMe23

SeeMe23 New Member

Well, truthfully I have no Idea!:D :p :)

3. Supernova

Supernova New Member

I dont think that there would be a pastor. There does not seem to be any point in one. To me at least. Maybe you could get a job as pastor?

4. SeeMe23

SeeMe23 New Member

Hmm maybe.:)

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Maxis is staying away from religous things pretty carefully. Things have changed in terms of the "religious climate" in the last 3 years to the point where the athiests would complain because they were having to be subjected to religion, the religious people would be saying "how come you have a pastor, but no Imam, priest, patriarchal father, mother priestess or whatever?" and if they put anything in such as a "High Llama" they'd get "why are you making fun of religion?" It's easier just to avoid the issue entirely.

That being said, I'm sure that they will have hacked careers so that you could make your own pastor, and also have your own church and other things that Maxis has to avoid right now. You just have to find someone with the computer skills and Sims interest to get it done for you.

6. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

Hrm... I think this will be those "avoid" jobs for the Sims. Maxis I highly doubt would want to add it because of the already mentioned possibility of people being upset on one side or the other. One group will be upset that their religious leader (or whatever) didn't get added and the other will be angry that religion is in a game.

If someone could hack the careers to get new paths (that were free) I'd be willing to try them out. ;)