Patch is out

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Nellie, Nov 30, 2004.

1. darkstormyeve

darkstormyeve New Member

Kristal - "Here, here" to everything you just said. I have a 15month little girl and I delight in dressing her and ensuring she is "presentable" at all times. Hubby, on the other hand can't see why I bother and often I come home to find her running around in a nappy only.

Unless males "grow" babies themselves they will never understand :mad:

I downloaded the patch last night with my hacks still in their folders. I immediately started playing another new community though and created some new families for it so I don't know how it has effected my existing communities. I will check tonight :)

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Heh, well, I don't think you'd want to leave the baby unchanged. That annoys it, and besides, the wafting aroma of baby poo is none too pleasant. But I fully agree, why fight with the baby otherwise? In TS2, though, the issue is more critical. Your toddler has an energy meter that bleeds out faster than an artery wound, and every minute you spend lugging it around is a moment that it isn't gaining skill points, which leaves its growth stunted and the poor thing will be mentally retarded. I suppose you could change it after it's about to go to sleep, but then the moment you try to put it back in its crib, it will immediately change back to the regular toddler suit.

I do, too. The selection of clothes available for downloading, combined with the general personalities of my Sim families, however, leaves them looking like a carload of federal agents. This amuses me as well, watching them file out the door in their black suits and sunglasses.

Yeah...but how do you get them to *STAY* dressed? I mean, I'd love to, but no matter what you do, it's quickly back to the baby suit.

There's probably not another one, if you found the offending download already. What did you use to find it? Normally if they're hitchhiking in packaged lots, they'll be given an unintelligible hexadecimal name. Yours wasn't an unintelligible hexadecimal name?

3. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

This sucks. The range of toddler outfits is great, the range of toddler sleepwear is most categorically NOT. It's almost annoying enough to do something about on Bodyshop, but, as you say, they don't really last long enough to warrent that. Though, saying that, cumulatively (i.e., speaking of all toddlers ever rather than each individual instance of toddler) it could be worth it. To conclude: :cool:

4. lionessria

lionessria New Member

Patch issues

I had a sim trapped in a deck. I think she may have been in the hot tub near there pre-patch.

I'm also seeing little boxes with pictures on them instead of the neighborhood decorations.

5. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

i think that's normal. i've seen my sims do those expressions all the time and i don't have a patch...i least i don't think i do. my brother is the one that does all the computer stuff. i just play the games and surf the web. anyway, when your sim mother became disgusted, i think she was embarassed. i had a family with one sister that was a romance sim and she was woohooing in the same room as her other sister who is a fortune, and she got an interaction bubble thingy at the top that she was doing, when i waved my mouse over it, it said 'be embarassed. and when your shy sim kissed the girl, i've had that happen. i told my sim girl to flirt with another girl because i wanted to see if it would work, and before my sim flirted, she faced me and looked disgusted and stamped her feet. :D great job, maxis!

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Pregnancy spanning the patch?

One of mine was about to transition into day 2 of pregnancy. I just played them and she didn't transition. I wondered if the pregnancy had been lost but 2 woohoos later she still wasn't getting the option to try for baby. 0 Days vacation is in store. The next day at the appropriate time she transitioned from normal everyday clothes straight into huge bump maternities. I'm guessing that she'll refuse to go to work tomorrow because of her condition, won't get paid and won't get any more leave until she has the baby.

Waves arms at ceiling with thought bubble depicting a needle and thread darning a big hole in an elbow patch. "erm .... fleeb fleeb! dipple bur stoop mashta." {Stamps feet in frustration}