Spore >>>Petition, Sign for fun!

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by artistvrd, Jun 19, 2006.

1. artistvrd

artistvrd SporeMasterArti

oh well firemaker, we are near 1000! EA might notice it, but if not, oh well, we have already seen 700+ people intersted in this!

2. Petreak

Petreak New Member

Just think, that's only the 700+ people that know about the petition. I'm sure there are many more people that would like to have the creature editor that know nothing of the petition.
    The petition is a good effort, but I think they are going to release the creature editor anyway and this petition lets them know that we all REALLY want the creature editor. So whether it makes them put out the editor faster or not, we may never know, but you can rest knowing you did something that the Spore Community noticed. I was against the idea of the petition at first, but changed my mind and signed it. It can't hurt anything. We are fans and they know it. They know we want it. :D So I'm sure we will get it.
    Don't be discouraged about EA not answering you. They probably get allot of people contacting them about stuff. The people that need to know about the petition are the developers and I know they read all the big Spore forums, so they know about it. Whatever the outcome, we all will be happy in the end.

3. artistvrd

petreak is absolutely right! the creature editor might not be released as a beta as we all want, but maybe like a bodyshop? But spread the word, post on your websites, word of mouth, anything!

4. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

But this has surpassed the 800 mark now, we must not give up hope! *waves flag, persists to spread the word, realizes I haven't spread any word yet and has actually just nonchalantly observed the petition go by its own business, wanders off distracted*

5. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

1600.. Wow I am blown away. Way to go guys.

6. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

Yay, 1600th of that was my effort!

I wanted to jump up and declare that it had reached 1000 a while ago, but I couldn't risk the inevitable lynching a double posting would have brought.

7. artistvrd

wow, I never thought we'd realyl get this many, it's been on the front page of my site since you started it Firemaker, and I've told as amny people as possible

8. InvaderBlack

InvaderBlack New Member

Me too! I've told all my friends. And besides, even if they don't release the Creature Editor as a beta or at all, at least they'll know we want something. Maybe it'll get them to work faster?

9. Hazath

Hazath New Member

While the petition is wonderful and all, and yes, I did sign it. I kind of wonder about the validity of it. Don't get me wrong, many people I am sure want this, actually, I am positive, but let me just throw out a couple of the signatures. I am wondering, is there a way to prune the petition?
    At the least, skip to the bottom of this to see a few somewhat humorous signatures.
    becuase it takes effort I didn't bother to seperate the name from comment from the started playing, sorry... my inane comments are in italics

These kind of signatures don't seem to me to be valid...

1648. suck it WOOO SUCK IT NIGGAS since my mom threw one at my face and said suck it 'cause that's not obscene
    812. EA Rules Why NOT do it? It's an awesome idea! A long time! (who names their kid that?)
    513. Beezer never played them i hate um (then, why sign?)
    1055. person First thin this game is aweaome seconed we ALL want it NOW third i have seen every movie picture and website so i should know how goood it is thin of the priorities of releasing an earlry beta version of the creature creator everyone wuold love youguys and want to buy the game even more i mean HOW CAN YOU REFUSE!!!!!!!!!! OBAY ME I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER OR MY HEAD WILL EXPLOD FROM ANTICIPATION GIVE IT TO ME NOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 YEARSnice name, and doesn't that seem a bit overkill for a comment?
    579. Brian Battlefield 2 ROCKS!!!!! (wrong petition buddy)
    298. http://www.spore.googlepages.com/ http://www.spore.googlepages.com/ http://www.spore.googlepages.com/ (opps! this is a petition, not an advertisment service)

and of course, the countless double posts:
    1640. Devon Mohamd Love spore I wish i could marry it
    1639. Devon Mohamd Love spore I wish i could marry it
    1663. Max Wimberley Just releasing one of the editors would be enough for me, and the game looks amazing. I really wish it would come out sooner, though.
    1662. Max Wimberley Just releasing one of the editors would be enough for me, and the game looks amazing. I really wish it would come out sooner, though.
    1669. Glenn Looks like 1 of the best games ever about 10 years
    1668. Glenn Looks like 1 of the best games ever about 10 years
    1580. Tyron Maartens I LOVE SPORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8
    1579. Tyren Maartens 10 (hopefully he will figure out how long he has played)
    734. Charles Ewers II Need... Spore... Creatures... (I've been drawring spore ideas on paper for a while now) Since I played Sim City's first SNES incarnation. Been hooked since.
    733. Charles Ewers II Need... Spore... Creatures... (I've been drawring spore ideas on paper for a while now) Since I played Sim City's first SNES incarnation. Been hooked since.
    1235. Dylan Myhre I think an early creature editor would be very good and would satisfy us fans's needs and maybe get a few new players. The first Sim game I played was the very first SimCity.
    1234. Dylan Myhre I think an early creature editor would be very good and would satisfy us fans's needs and maybe get a few new players. The first Sim game I played was the very first SimCity.
    1233. Dylan Myhre I think an early creature editor would be very good and would satisfy us fans's needs and maybe get a few new players. The first Sim game I played was the very first SimCity.
    1300. T i want this so bad 8 years
    1299. T pls allow us to have this for all my life (he's pretty talent to be able to play right out of the womb in 1998)

and just some funny ones for shits and giggles:
    1594. Christopher C. L. This looks like a wonderous game...Plain and simple...*Spazzes with the anticipation* I don't know were to start...I think it was with Zoo Tycoon 1...(oops! wrong series-and spazing is not good got your health)
    839. Tristan "Sushi boy" Frodelius Spore is the ultimate creativity opportunity game... thing. It's astounding! It's Incredible! It's awesome! It's unbelievable! It's awe-inspiring! It's magnificent! It's P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!! Will Wright has created many games that let you create, destroy, live, and do almost anything that a god could do! This game is unbelievably perfect for me! It is the game that I've been wanting all my life! You get to control the universe on every scale! It's...It's......IT'S UNDSCRIBABLE!!! I can't even begin to describe how utterly perfect this game is! Having an entire galaxy to play with as a toy, ON YOUR COMPUTER, is amazing! Of all the games I've seen, heard of, or played Spore is the most creative and fun game that exists. More than that, this game is virtually endless! I can't watch a single presentation about spore without thinking "That man is a genius" (Will wright)! It's a game with no end, no reason to make you stop playing, and virtually no limit to what you can do in it. I LUV SPORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant even remember when I started playing them (a really, REEAAALLLLYYYYY long time!)(wow.. that's a long comment, and consequently, Sim City came out on C64 in 85, 21 years ago, that's not the long ago...)
    411. Fredrik Lundgren Go Will go! Form the age when thier we only 16 colors to chose from. (hehe... the gold old days!)
    1270. North E. West It would be Brilliant PR (And yes that is my real name) (he already made the comment)
    1238. dutch 1 word: WE WANT SPORE! a few years (that's three words...., and he just made a signature for an enitre group of people!)
    1540. Stefan Koch i think spore is also too cartoony, al the big eyes and so on. Please make it more realistic beacause i dont't want a planet full of big-eyed creatures! since i can remember : ) (then, make them hostile creatures who look bad-assed)
    239. Anthony P Waiting for Sporey goodness has made me a nervous wreck. Please, help the nervous wrecks. Deliver Sporey goodness to the needy. Longer than I can remember...first game was Sim Ant...I blame that spider for my arachnophobia. GG Maxis. :/(hehe)

10. FireMaker

FireMaker New Member

Yup.. I've already tried to find a way to remove those signatures.. and so far, to no avail.

11. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

PetitionOnline.com does tend to amuse me. Any petition on there, however well-meaning, descends easily into gibberish. A lot starts out as gibberish, actually. The countless "STOP BONSAI KITTENS NOW" ones gather a frightening number of (equally frightening) signatures, all from Outraged & Gullible co. The manic rants they come out with are kind of funny, in a twisted sort of way.

On topic, 1680 signatures last time I checked, valid or otherwise.

12. master genesis

master genesis New Member

Wow....

Do these people just wake up in the morning and decide "Lets sign a petition, but not for the petition!"

I mean what the heck.

:banghead:

13. artistvrd

lol, master, I think they honestly do :spin:

what no lifers..

anywho, great job filtering all those, but EA won't read everyone if they take a look at it. Just look at their customer service..

but hey 1800+ we're almost at 2000!

14. Thomas2467

Thomas2467 Guest

Party on

You know what they say, let the good time roll.

15. Arthas

Arthas New Member

*Signs

Give us a Spore editor, please EA :(

16. Bonkywop

Bonkywop New Member

Woah, it's well over 2000 now, nearing 2500 - when did that happen? Gah, I'm not paying enough attention. It does make me feel kind of special to have gotten in one of the first though. '17' is hardly a rampantly significant number, but I feel all... yay nonetheless. (Edit: Um, I checked and I'm actually number 19. MY POINT STILL STANDS. Whatever it was.)

So has EA actually noticed this petition yet, or responded to it at all?

17. levastyl

levastyl New Member

unless im mistaken Will already said that he'll release a demo before the actual game. :confused: